Mother

You woke up the next day well rested. You got up and grabbed one of your hair brushes, brushing your (h/l) (h/c) hair so that it wasn't as messy. You changed out of your pyjamas and into some light blue jeans that folded at your ankles, a (f/c) sweater, some white socks, and light brown lace up boots. You knew you could have stayed in your pyjamas, but you wanted to go to the spider bake sale and buy some donuts since you didn't get to the first time you visited.

        "My child, what would you like for breakfast?" You heard through the door.

        You went to the door and opened it so you could actually see Toriel while you spoke to her. "I was wondering if I could go to the spider bake sale? Y'know... if they're open?"

        "Ah um... is it alright if I come with you my child?"

        You knew she just wanted to protect you and made sure you didn't get into trouble, so you nodded your head, "Of course!"

        After making sure that you both were ready, Toriel took your hand in hers and led you outside of the house. She seemed very cautious about where she walked with you.

        After a bit of walking, you both made it to the bake sale. Toriel let go of your hand and pulled out some of her gold. You shook your head, "Mom, let me pay for it. You've bought me great things and treated me well when you didn't have to. Let me pay for both of us. "

        Toriel seemed a bit embarrassed but happy. "You would like to call me as 'Mom,' my child?"

        Your face heated up with blush from embarrassment, "T-Toriel, I'm sorry I didn't meant to I-I just..."

        "It is alright, you may call me what you would like."

        "S-So it's okay to call you Mom?" You asked. You had always seen Toriel as a motherly figure to you once you got used to her presence.

        "Of course, my child. " She said with a smile. Without you looking, she placed the amount of gold in one of the spider webs and was handed 2 donuts.

        "M-Mom!"

        Toriel looked at you with fake innocence.

        "I-I said I was going to pay!"

        "Oh, I did not hear you my child." She said while handing you one of the donuts.

        You sighed and shook your head while smiling a bit. You took the donut and began to nibble on it. Toriel used her free hand to grab your hand that wasn't holding the donut and walked slowly back to the house.

        "Hey mom, when we get home I'm gonna draw us." You said and took another bite of the donut.

        "That sounds nice my child." She said and kept looking ahead, making sure both of you wouldn't get into any unnecessary trouble.

        "Mhm!" You hummed, keeping your mouth closed so crumbs wouldn't fly everywhere. You wished to see a certain ghost, Napstablook. You wanted to make sure that he was okay and doing well since he didn't seem to happy when you first met him. You managed to cheer him up that first time, but you felt a bit upset when he had left.

        You made it back to the house with Toriel, no sign of Napstablook. You sighed in your mind and finished the rest of what was left of your donut. Toriel had finished hers before you already. After opening the door, Toriel let go of your hand so you could go where you wanted to go.

        First, you washed off all of the crumbs on you, then you went to your room and closed the door. You pulled out your sketchbook and your pencil and began to draw Toriel and yourself holding hands. You thought about the many times that you have already seen Toriel, and the times you would look in the mirror and see yourself. You pictured you and Toriel holding hands, using that mental images, you drew what you had wanted.

        Time passed and you got the basic shapes down. Now, you began to add the details that would really make the drawing look like it could come to life. Your hand began to cramp from all of the drawing you've been doing, so you slipped the pencil into the rings of the sketchbook and set it aside for the time being. It was still pretty early in the day, so you got out of your room to see Toriel, sitting on her reading chair and doing the usual, reading.

        "Hello my child, what do you need?" She asked.

        "Well... I have just a few questions."

Toriel seemed to pause for a moment, but then she responded, "Yes, what is it my child?"

        "That um... sans person behind the door, is he nice?"

        Toriel seemed a bit uncomfortable as you said "behind the door." She then smiled, "O-Oh, yes of course. He is very kind and funny."

        "Okay, next question. It's okay if you say no by the way. C-Can I go down there and talk to him? Only through the the door like you did before... I think."

        Toriel seemed cautious, "Um... if I come with you my child, then yes. I don't want you to stay down there too long and catch a cold." She said.

        "Is it okay if we go now?" You asked quietly.

        "Of course, my child, but please wait for me." She said. She took off her reading glasses and put her book away. She took your hand and led you down to the basement. Toriel was unusually quiet and the silence was more unsettling than comfortable.

        After just a little bit of walking, you made it out the door. Toriel spoke first, "sans, are you there? It is me, Toriel."

        The crunching of snow under shoes could be heard and then, sans voice, "hey toriel."

        "M-My child requests to speak to you."

        "your child? the one you were talking to before?"

        "Don't kid around sans, you know there isn't anyone else here."

        A small chuckle could be heard from behind the door, "alright, alright. so, what brings you here, kiddo?"

        You looked up at Toriel and she gestured for you to get closer to the door. You did so and began to speak, "U-Uhm... I just wanted to speak to you, ask some questions?" You knew Toriel didn't know you were down here before so you figured you'd ask what it looked like over there again.

        "ask away."

        "What does it look like over there?"

          There was a pause, and you knew sans was confused since you asked him this before. "oh um, there's lots of snow and trees. if you want to branch off into deeper description, i'm not your guy."

        "A-Ah, okay. Toriel, we can go back now." You said.

        "Already my child?"

        You nodded your head, "Don't want to end up with a cold right?" You knew that Toriel seemed a bit unsure about letting you come down here and she was uncomfortable, so you decided you'd leave as quickly as possible.

        "That is right. Goodbye Sans, I shall speak to you another time."

        "yup." Was all that came from Sans.

           Toriel took your hand and began to walk back down the hallway.

A/N (Present day)

I'd like to remind any new readers to check out the announcement on my profile. This story will not have an ending, keep that in mind.