Petals

sans P.O.V.

         i looked over to see that she was asleep. i sighed and began to speak, she couldn't hear me anyways, "it's probably uncomfortable to be sleeping there, kid. you know, that reminds me, papy and i don't even know your name. i guess i really don't have any manners, huh?" i said. this is a bit weird, talking to her while she's asleep.

        she mumbled a few words in her sleep that were inaudible except for, "I... she..." the rest was a blur.

        just what are you dreaming about? i thought. (Y/n)'s grip on her sketchbook loosened to the point where i could see the front. her name was written in loopy cursive letters. "(Y/n), huh? that's a nice name you've got." my hand began reaching out for her (h/c) hair, but i quickly put it back down.

        after just a few minutes, i felt a light weight on my shoulder. turning my head, i saw that her head was now resting on my shoulder. "heh, this is a bit cliché, you know..." sighing, i reached out for a pillow to replace myself. i placed it where it would be comfortable for her to lay down on, and i slowly got up, holding her up with my hands. i brought her a little further along the couch so she could lay down properly, and rested her head on the pillow. carefully, i took the sketchbook from her hand and set it aside on the table. after getting a blanket and pulling it over her, i sat down at the edge of the couch where i still had room.

        "sorry about what i could have done before we found pap." i sighed, not looking at her. "Who am I kidding? I could have killed you. No apology can make up for that." i muttered to myself. she's sleeping, shut up so you don't wake her. i mentally scolded myself. eventually, i fell asleep as well.

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.

        I don't know how much time has passed, but I woke up, apparently asleep earlier. Yes, I was awake, but I didn't want to open my eyes. After a few minutes of failed attempts at falling asleep again, I opened my eyes. After rubbing my eyes, I sat up, slouching. My arms feel empty... My sketchb- Before I could finish my thoughts, I saw it on the table. My shoulders relaxed after seeing it there. It was from Toriel... so it meant a lot.

        Suddenly, I heard movement beside me, causing my eyes to shift their gaze towards the other end of the couch. It was sans, he was sleeping. His arms were draped over the arm of the couch with his skull resting on his right arm. Ah... I remember what happened. I slowly got up from the couch without a sound, careful so I wouldn't wake him up. "A HEAVY SLEEPER AT THAT." Papyrus' words replayed in my mind. After making sure sans really was asleep, I crept out of the house, desperate for fresh air.

        "This isn't exactly fresh air since I'm underground, but this will do." I said. I began walking and immediately regretted it. I had no jacket since I already returned it to sans and it's not like I was wearing warm boots. I continued walking anyways, I needed to clear my mind. I avoided any monster that I saw on my stroll, looking down at the ground.

        "Haha, look at that."

        I looked up upon hearing those words, naturally asuming that I were being picked on. After realizing that it was just another monster laughing at something they made in the snow, I simply continued on. How could I have misinterpreted their tone so badly? I thought to myself. I could already feel my regret for coming out here. I was freezing and I felt so out of place.

        I kept my head tilted downwards as I wandered aimlessly. Suddenly, I saw something pop up from under the snow, only to disappear again after jutting its head towards the Waterfalls.  There was gold... no, maybe yellow, and green maybe? It was too quick for me to really see what it really was. I picked up my feet and went towards where the creature gestured to.

Third Person P.O.V.

While (Y/n) continued on her walk, sans woke up quite quickly. where... he thought, but his thoughts didn't continue as he was still half asleep. After a few failed attempts at getting up, he eventually succeeded. Turning to his side, he noticed that (Y/n) was missing. where did she go? He thought curiously. in the kitchen? no. the bathroom? nope.

        After searching the house, he knew she was no longer there, causing him to leave the house and search for her. After taking one step into to snow, he began to think, you don't need to chase after her... she won't be doing anything bad. He thought. Despite that, he began walking away from his house. He stopped abruptly, catching the footprints in front of him. is she leaving? it's because of me, isn't it? He thought, remembering how he could have taken her life. Looking at them, he realized that the steps looped back around and were headed towards the Waterfalls. Turning around, he began to follow the footprints that he assumed were (Y/n)'s.

        Yellow petals, maybe even gold, Bright green stem along with a leaf, beady black eyes, and an ever so innocent looking smile that could fool many. (Y/n) knelt down in front of the flower. "Y-Your name's Flowey?"

A/N
LONG TIME NO SEE XD
ANYWAYS, sorry for such a long wait. It's winter break though so I'll try to write more! Also, sorry for such a crappy chapter lol, I'm not creative at all ;-;. GUYS! I ALMOST FORGOT! So, if I made like... an Instagram, would any of you follow? Please comment if I should and what I should be posting there! Thanks, happy holidays!