Sketches of Snow

You sat on your bed, trying to imagine what the rest of the Underground was like. Was everyone disrespectful and unkind? Or were they the opposite, respectful and kind? Or maybe, there was a little bit of both? Ah, but what would the scenery look like? I'd love to draw it. Maybe I can ask Toriel if she can get me a sketch book and some supplies? I wonder if they have any of that down here... oh, would it be a burden to ask for things?

        Your thoughts were cut off when you heard a knock on your door and Toriel's voice behind it, "My child, may I come in?"

       You would always welcome Toriel in, she did so many things for you after all. "O-Of course!" You said.

        The door opened and Toriel stood there with a smile. "I was just wondering if you'd like anything. For entertainment. It seems that you aren't too fond of books so I'd like to know what you'd like."

          You a bit felt guilty. You did like books, but you didn't want to just read all of the time, "T-Toriel, you don't have to get me anything, it's fine."

        "But, my child I-"

        "Toriel it's alright."

       "Please let me buy just a few things."

        You felt bad, cutting her off and refusing her. You finally gave in and nodded your head, "O-Okay then... if it's possible... can you get me a sketch book and some art supplies? Some pencils, pens, and something to color with maybe?"

        Toriel seemed happy that you finally gave in, "Alright my child, I'll see what I can do. Please stay here while I go out." She said and left your room, closing it quietly.

        You wanted to go down to the basement and have just one peek at the rest of the Underground, so you'd have a better mental picture of what to draw. You decided not to go down there, but the back of your mind was begging for you to do so.

G O
T O
T H E
B A S E M E N T

        You bit down on your bottom lip gently, not knowing what to do. You figured Toriel would be gone for a while so you decided to go down to the basement.

        After the staircase and the long hallway, you finally approached the door. You didn't dare to open it, but maybe talk to the monster, you thought was named sans, and maybe get him to describe what it was like. "Hello?" You said towards the door.

       "hey kiddo, i find it adoorable that you're down here, but why?"

        "I-I um..." you stammered, a bit nervous since you didn't know who sans actually was. "T-Toriel is off getting me some a-art supplies so I wanted to a-ask what it looked like over there so I can d-draw it."

         "huh well, there's trees and snow. if you wanna branch off further into description, you should see for yourself."

         "B-But I'm not allowed to leave..."

        "one peek won't hurt, just look for a second and close the door again. i'll keep it a secret."

        "O-Okay fine..." you said, even though you felt a bit skeptical. You slowly opened the door a bit and looked outside. You felt a gust of cold wind on your face you you immediately got goosebumps. You looked over to see who you were talking to earlier. It was a skeleton. You looked away as he caught your glance. You tried to study every detail that you could, then closed the door.

        "what did you think?"

        "Definitely lots of snow, a-and really cold. Is all of the Underground like that?" You asked and rubbed your arms, trying to get rid of the goosebumps.