Feelings

Third P.O.V.

sans froze for a moment at the question. He simply turned away, looking back at (Y/n). The words almost hit him with a sudden realization, but he didn't want to believe it.

"NEVERMIND..." Papyrus said, sighing since he knew that he wouldn't recieve an answer.

After Alphys left earlier, (Y/n) hasn't been able to hear anything except the dreaded whispers. It was a sound that was on the borderline of static. As for her other senses? They all seemed to have shut down.

"why do you ask?" sans finally questioned, not taking his eyes off of her.

"U-UM... WHY DO YOU ASK WHY I ASK?" Papyrus asked quickly.

"i dunno." sans stated bluntly. His brother's reaction finally caused him to look away from (Y/n) and over at him. He stared for quite some time until Papyrus finally broke his gaze to look over at Alphys. sans let out a soft questioning hum, looking back over at her.

From holding her hand, he noticed that her sleeve had slipped down a bit from her wrist. Of course, he would have ignored it if he didn't notice a scar, but he did. "pap?"

"Y-YES, SANS?"

"can you go ask alphys how long it will be until (Y/n) is back to normal?"

"SURE." With that, Papyrus headed over to the scientist.

Now that his brother was away, he pulled down her sleeve with his other hand. The sight caused his jaw to drop slightly. He ran his finger down the scars gently, "how much have you gone through, kiddo?" He stopped and looked deeply at her arm, studying her skin. "Are some of these... recent?" He questioned quietly. Hearing footsteps, he rolled her sleeve back up just in time as Papyrus returned.

"SHE SAID THAT SHE ISN'T SURE, BUT SHE-"

"(Y/n)?" sans questioned, feeling her hand move slightly in his. He was silent and stared at her, waiting for any type of response. Recieving none, his shoulders dropped and he looked back at his brother, "what were you saying?"

"SHE SAID THAT SHE WILL TRY HER BEST TO GET HER BACK TO NORMAL, BUT WE SHOULD LEAVE NOW SO THAT SHE CAN FOCUS."

"oh..." sans replied quietly. Leave? He certainly didn't want to. Fear washed over him. He was afraid that if he left, the warmth of her hand would have disappeared the next time he held it.

"SHE'LL BE OKAY, I'M SURE OF IT." Papyrus said, reading sans' complicated expression.

"a-alright..." sans said quietly, "just go outside, I'll catch up with you." With just a simple nod, Papyrus left. "I'll be waiting for you, kiddo." His cheeks were dusted with blue. He let go of her hand and planted a soft kiss on her head, letting his feelings get the best of him.

QUICK A/N
This chapter isn't over, btw. I know he's a skeleton and doesn't have lips, so shush. I just didn't want a mountain of comments about it, please and thank. XD

sans reluctantly left the lab, saying a short "goodbye" to Alphys. He looked to see that Papyrus was waiting for him.

"YOU REALLY CARE ABOUT THE HUMAN, DON'T YOU?"

"with a situation like this, isn't it natural to care?"

"YES BUT... NEVERMIND. LET'S GO HOME."

sans simply nodded and held onto Papyrus' arm, teleporting back home.

"i'm going to sleep." sans said once he set foot through the door.

"WELL ALRIGHT, BUT JUST DON'T-" before he could finish, he watched sans collapse onto the couch. "FALL ASLEEP ON THE COUCH..." Papyrus added last minute. He sighed and pulled a blanket over his sleeping brother. "I HOPE EVERYTHING WILL BE OKAY..." Papyrus said softly.