Chapter 39

Oh finals week, how I hate you so. Even as a senior, I still have to take them. Personally, I think it's stupid because everyone who wants to go to college already knows where they're going. So it's not like these things actually make a difference. But unfortunately, they're mandatory.

"Glad those things are finally done." Drew stood beside me on line to hand in our Physics books.

"Tell me about it." I groaned, tossing my book onto the table. Mr. Blanche, my physics teacher glared at me through his spectacles. "Sorry." I whispered, adjusting the book gingerly on the pile.

"Peace out, bitches!" Drew handed in his book and walked victoriously away from the table. I laughed and had to jog in order to catch up with him.

"Drew we've still got a day of school left." I pointed out. Today was Wednesday, and we still had to come in to school tomorrow before graduation on Friday.

"Yeah, yeah. All I'm thinking about is getting through tomorrow, and then it's an all night party on Friday." He stuck his tongue out at me and wiggled his eyebrows.

"Unbelievable." I laughed.

"Hey pretty lady." I felt an arm wrap around my waist.

"Hey babe." I kissed Wes on the cheek.

"This summer is going to be the best summer of our lives." Wes grinned and I snuggled into his shoulder. It might be the last summer that we get to spend together, I'm glad he wanted to make it special.

"Ugh, yes please." I said.

"So what are you up to now that school's done for the day?" Wes asked me.

"Adrianna and I are getting our nails done. Feel free to come along if you want." I wiggled my fingers at him and giggled. Wes bared his teeth at me and stepped away.

"Meh, heck no. Go do your girly things without me." He laughed.

"Haha, okay. I'll catch you later then." I grinned. He pecked me on the forehead and I ran my fingers through his hair quickly. I always found myself doing that; running my fingers through his chocolate brown locks. I couldn't help it. His hair was just so damn soft. And it smelled good, like cinnamon.

* * * * *

"Hey Ade, you ready?" I pulled up next to the curb so she could hop in. I almost didn't spot her behind all those books she was carrying.

"Yeah, sorry. I got stuck returning all these books to the science office for Blanche. Give me a minute, will ya?" She asked.

"Okay, do you want help with those?" I laughed at her small frame nearly tipping over from all the textbook weight.

"No thanks, I got it." She smiled at me confidently. Her blonde hair retreated toward the main doors of the school. As I predicted, the stack was far too heavy for Adrianna to carry. She started tipping over, but I couldn't get to her in time. Luckily a pair of strong, tan arms managed to catch the books and tilt Adrianna upright.

Thank you Drew Chadwick. I watched as Adrianna regained her balance and laughed as she realized how ridiculous she must have looked. Drew smiled back warmly. Oh they are so getting back together. It was just a matter of time. They continued to talk after Drew took half of Adrianna's book stack. I could just imagine what they were saying.

Adrianna: "Thanks Drew, you're my hero."

Drew: "Anytime babe, hey by the way I miss you, come back please?"

Adrianna: "Sure babe. Let's run away together and fall in love all over again."

Drew: "We could go adobt twenty dogs from the shelter, and write songs together, and live happily ever after, okay?"

Okay, so maybe that's not exactly how it went down. Adrianna came out of the school and waved goodbye to Drew. He saw me in the car and I waved. He saluted me and headed out around the school and into the senior lot.

"Gonna get our nails doneeeeee." Adrianna sang at the top of her lungs. "Honestly, I can't even remember the last time I got a manicure." She sighed.

"Same here. Definitely not since I've moved to Huntington." I admitted.

"In that case, we're getting pedicures too." Adrianna grinned and I giggled. I was more than okay with that since Rick was paying.

When we got to the nail salon I was beyond grateful that there wasn't a line. It was nearly three o'clock; I guess that was a weird time to get your nails done. But it worked to our advantage. Adrianna and I picked out our polish colors and were sent to the big comfy chairs to get started on our pedicures. Both of us made our way to the magazine rack. There were only two magazines left: an issue of Seventeen, and a copy of some tween magazine. I used my super quick reflexes to snatch up the copy of Seventeen. "Argh!!!" Adrianna laughed, her hand tried to slap me out of the way. But I ended up with the magazine anyway.

"Haha, sorry. But nothing is worth the pain of reading through one of those." I pointed to the neon magazine that was covered with neon zebra print and glittery stars.

"Well, enjoy your quality, preppy fashion magazine. I will be right by your side indulging in some high quality gossip. Maybe they have some new information about the existence of unicorns or how to score a date to the seventh grade spring fling." I couldn't help but laugh hysterically.

My pedicurist was halfway throguh layering my topcoat when Adrianna almost dropped her magazine into the water. "Oh my god." Her eyes were wide.

"What is it? Is it about the unicorns?" I tried to look serious, but it just wasn't working out for me. She shook her head violently and handed me the magazine. I scanned the page until a picture in the bottom left caught my eye.

Seen here: Huntington Beach locals Wesley Stromberg, Keaton Stromberg and Drew Chadwick. Watch out for these hotties on season 2 of the X Factor USA!! You know we'll be watching for these three cuties.

Suddenly I felt sick to my stomach. I folded up the magazine and set it on the table. Adrianna and I spent the rest of the afternoon in silence after that. Both of us didn't really feel much like tallking.

Hey guys :) Another chapter is up!! Woo hoo :D

And I've also started a new story!! It's called Miss Cleopatra!!! You guys should go check it out ;) That would be super cool.

70 votes and 10 comments for the next update?? :)