Chapter 5

"EYYYYY! How you guys doin' tonight?" I heard Drew's familiar scratchy voice over the mic. The crowd that was gathered around the deck cheered.

"Unfortunately the band you guys were expecting couldn't make it tonight, so you'll have to settle for us." Wes said lunging over Drew to speak into the microphone. He made a fake pouty face and the crowd laughed. When the crowd reacted I saw that cute little smile spread across Wesley's lips. He's so adorable when he does that.

"Well, for those of you who don't know us I'm Drew, this is my buddy Wes, and on bass over there is Wes's little bro, Keaton." Drew said pointing to each of the guys appropriately. Drew wore a cocky grin on his face as he tipped in front of the mic again, "And ladies, you better watch out... Keaton here is quite the stunna." I could see Keaton's face get red from here. He made a shy face as the girls whooped from the crowd. I chuckled. Awww Keats.

Wes laughed into his microphone and adjusted it to him. "We're Emblem3 and we're stoked to be playing for you guys tonight!" Wes announced before he stepped back to tune with the rest of the band. Keaton made eye contact with some guy in the crowd and motioned for him to come on up to the "stage". When I saw the familiar brown mop of hair bound up the deck stairs I couldn't help but smile. I haven't seen Kenny in forever!

I saw Drew and Wes grin as Kenny sat down behind the drum kit. It looked so great to have them all playing together again. Wes covered the microphone with his hand and whispered something to Kenny. He faced the crowd grinning and seemed to single me out directly when he spoke. "This first song is one you guys might know... written by a band from a little town called San Diego..."

I opened my mouth and smiled so big. 

I already know what song they were gonna play.

"All the, small thing

True care, truth brings

I'll take, one lift

Your ride, best trip

Always, I know

You'll be at my show..."

I love Blink 182! I was jumping up and down hysterically rocking out. I loved hearing the boys sing; they had such a great energy on stage. I felt like I was in another world when I heard the familiar notes of their guitars playing. For the next half hour or so I watched from the crowd as the guys had the time of their lives. 

You know that saying that goes like, "some people were just born to be a certain thing?" Well I think that the boys were meant to do this with their lives. They were meant to be super stars. They were going to be huge; I could sense it. When they bounded off the stage after performing Curious, one of their originals, I saw Wes blend into the crowd. I pushed through the dozens of bodies with Adrianna right behind me.

"Did you see where they went? I don't see Drew anymore." I heard her say. I stood on my tip toes and scanned the sea of people.

"Nope." I sighed as we made our way to a clearing on the side of the yard. There were a few guys sitting on the grass passing a bottle of tequila back and forth. I leaned against the fence and looked around again. While trying to find Wes, I saw Jason in the middle of the crowd arguing with someone too short to make out in the crowd.

I watched him, knitting my eyebrows in confusion. He looked angry. I tapped Adrianna on the shoulder, "Hey, should we go see what's up?" She nodded.

I used my mosh pit skills to elbow my way through to Jason. Once I got to him I should have turned around immediately. Lindsey. Oh no I was not getting in the middle of this.

"And it's not even a week later and you're already making out with Bryan?!" I heard him shout. Lindsey rolled her eyes at him and grabbed Bryan's arm defensively.

"Well what was I supposed to do? A girl's gotta move on Jase." She said bluntly. The words hit him hard; I could see the hurt written all over his face. Instead of taking his anger out on Lindsey, Jason turned to Bryan. "And you. What the hell man?" Jason said throwing his hands up in the air, his empty cup clutched in his right.

"What? She's hot." Bryan said smirking. Oh boy. He shouldn't have done that. To prove his point and annoy Jason, Bryan pulled Lindsey to him and kissed her. Jason angrily ripped the two apart.

"Can you not kiss my ex-girlfriend right in front of me?!" He asked with rage in his voice. Bryan stood there just smirking back at us.

"Maybe I should just kiss your best friend then." He said. Huh? Best friend? Who's that? Wait. That's me. Oh shit no, don't you dare- before I could finish panicking Bryan pressed himself against me.

It took all I had not to gag. His lips tasted slightly of tobacco mixed with citrus vodka. I pushed him off me immediately and I was about to say something when I saw Jason's fist collide with his lower jaw. Jase hit him so hard that he fell to the floor. 

"She has a boyfriend, dick." Jason spat at him. Everyone's mouth was wide open. There were a few tears flowing from my eyes, I was just so upset. Jason noticed and pulled me into a hug. I wrapped my arms around him out of instinct. I don't even know why I was crying... I just felt so... violated.

"Thanks Jase." I sniffed, burying my face into his chest.

"Uhhhh, what's going on here?" Wes.

YAY :) so sorry for the late update guys, I had a huge english paper to write :| ughhh haha. ANYWAY... 35 more votes for the next chapter?? :) Attached is a picture of Avery :)