Chapter 12

Yamato and Amu were already walking directly to the bus station to return to Tokyo. They both stopped for Yamato could make a call.

"Steve?" Yamato asked from the cellphone. "How is Naomi?... Better?... What exactly happened? I called all the time and nobody answered me... May told me she was dying, then I called and couldn't communicate... she better rest and tell her that in a couple of hours I'll be there... bye." He hung up and looked at Amu.

"How is Naomi-chan?" Amu asked him.

"She's better, thanks god."

"I'm glad to hear. What did she have?"

"Steve didn't tell me about it. You know how is he and May, Naomi is a little exaggerated." he replied. "We had better hurry." They went on their way.

"Well... now you can go back more calm." she said with a light smile. Amu started to get nervous as she walked.

Yamato noticed her strangely. "You're trembling. Are you okay?" he asked worried.

"I don't know. I get a huge panic, as in terror... I think of being on the bus on the road."

"But you went alone and you are with me right now..."

"Of course. I'm calmer now, because in an accident not only I die, but also you die and we die together, leaving my mom alone. I think it's great." she said worried.

"Your mom is never going to be alone." he assured her. Amu sighed and stopped walking. "What's wrong?"

"I'm afraid that something bad is going to happen to me, as long as I'm like this... and if my mom is far, worse... I think something ugly is going to happen to me, something bad and..."

Yamato took Amu by the shoulders, he looked into her eyes and smiled gently. "As long as you are with me, nothing is going to happen to you." he told her. Amu looked at him and nodded. Yamato was about to hug her, but Amu put a hand on his chest for pull away from him.

"No, Yamato-kun. You know what? Better we go each one by a side because I get nervous, you go in a taxi and I go on the bus, okay?"

Yamato nodded. "You're right. I leave you here, because I think the bus is coming and you have to go..."

"Yes... so bye."

"Bye." Yamato and Amu left with discretion. Amu got on the bus and Yamato got on the taxi.

...

Hours after at the restaurant, Leo and Sela were picking up the chairs to put them in their place and cleaning everything for the coming week, since on weekends they don't work. Sela's cellphone started to rang, she took it out from the bag and placed it over her ear.

"Hello?" Sela asked.

"It's me, Sela-chan." Amu said from the other side of the call.

Sela sighed in relief. "Amu, I'm glad you called me. How is Osaka? How are you doing?"

"Umm good and bad. That's the truth."

"Eh? Why? Did something bad happen?"

"I'm on the bus right now. I'm going back to Tokyo as soon as possible."

"What?! You just went to Osaka and now are you returning to Tokyo? What's wrong with you? Are you feeling well?"

"Sela-chan, calm down. It's a long story, I wanted to ask you if you let me stay in your apartment for a few days, I don't want my mom to know that I came back."

Sela sighed and smiled. "It's okay, wait me outside my apartment. I'm about to close the restaurant and I'll go there."

"Thank you Sela-chan, I knew I could count in you. You are the best, in a minutes I'll be there. Bye."