Finale: Of the South Wind [Hanzo]

A/N: Alright, here is the Hanzo closure. Let's pretend we're all still virgins! Thanks for being patient, guys! ♥︎ (Lemon warning!)

---

The Shimada Castle was considerably less noisy in the evening, without all the tourists and daily festivities. For the past week, you've run around the castle's large perimeter and through its intricate gardens. Using exercise as an excuse to avoid being alone with the marksman was becoming routine.

As soon as the sun sank below the western horizon, Hanzo retired to his quarters to meditate, rest, refuel. The moment he set foot in the building, however, you'd be on your way out to "exercise". There would always be a brief and awkward exchange. Then, Hanzo would tell you he was turning in early, and you'd be out the door.

You sighed, standing in front of the lavishly-decorated building you and Hanzo shared. With the back of your hand, you wiped the sweat from your brow and debated doing another lap. Each running session have helped with easing a lot of this... unspoken tension between you and Hanzo.

All stemming from a dinner conversation about the posterity of the Shimada clan. Specifically, his desire for an heir.

So... if you were being honest with yourself, it was undeniably sexual tension. Another lap it is. You blushed, huffing at your own indecent thoughts.

But a middle-aged woman approached you from within the building before you could leave. Greeting you with a bow, she said, "Good evening, my lady. I've a message to deliver from Lord Hanzo. He said he won't be returning until late this evening."

"Oh," You said lamely, stuck between disappointment and relief. "Okay, thank you."

"I was asked to ensure your needs are being met. I've drawn a hot bath for you, my lady. I shall prepare dinner while you bathe. Is there anything you'd like in particular?"

"No, it's alright. I'll skip dinner tonight." You smiled gratefully at her. "Thank you for preparing my bath."

"Very well, my lady. Please don't hesitate to call if you need anything."

You gave a weak wave when she bowed out of reverence to you. As she exited the premises, you realized that the disappointment was the more prevalent feeling. Typically, you'd shower, then have dinner with Hanzo afterwards. Tonight, it seemed like you wouldn't even get to see the Shimada clan-master at all.

Sighing, you started inside. There was a peaceful ambiance to the estate. The moon colored the landscape in silver. The cicadas sang their songs. The south wind blew through the open windows as you trudged along the brightly-lit corridor.

You've long realized you wanted to share something physically more intimate with him. Much, much more. And creating life with Hanzo... You gulped. But you were so self-conscious at times. What if Hanzo didn't find you as attractive as you did him?

A pit formed in your belly and you shook your head vehemently. You put a stop to the negativity and made a beeline for the bathroom. Tomorrow, you'd try and initiate... something. Maybe. If the occasion presented itself.

As soon as you entered the bathroom, you couldn't help but marvel at its spaciousness. The floor was made of black marble tiles and the walls with dark mahogany panels. There were porcelain vases on the counters, filled with large sunflowers, and hanging lights that left you breathless. Enjoying the scenery, you peeled off your sweat-soaked clothes, shedding your underwear in the process.