Chapter Eleven: Rivalry

McCree's hug, with his arms around your waist, seemed harmless at first. Comical, even. But when he looked up at you from his kneeling position, his hands sought the lower curves of your butt, squeezing and rubbing without reserve. He was appreciating the view from below, eyeing your breasts hungrily, and you swore you saw drool beginning to form at the corner of his lips. "You are so... incredibly sexy..." He droned, seeming more and more hypnotized the longer he held you.

You began to feel lightheaded. The same exact symptom you felt that night you fainted, that night when Hanzo was not acting like his normal self.

To your astonishment, it was not Genji who first helped free you from McCree's intimate hold. It was Hanzo. And it was the sheer ...emotion in his eyes that astonished you.

"Fool!" The rapidly approaching marksman spat at McCree, grasped his shoulders and roughly tossed him to the ground to break contact with you. "Have you lost your dignity? Or were you lacking it to begin with?" The scowl on his face was more prominent than usual.

You stood, riveted to your spot, with wide eyes after witnessing Hanzo coming to your rescue.

McCree didn't seem to have taken offense to the assault. Instead, he brought himself to his knees from his seated position, his hat removed and beside him. The look on his face still indicated deep affection for and intense attraction towards you. "Why are you tryin' to keep me from the love of my life?"

"You've only just met her!" This time, Genji interjected. Finally realizing that he wasn't tolerating it any longer, Genji shielded you from McCree's lustful gaze.

"Oh, but I am very acquainted. With her picture." McCree countered, chuckling mischievously. It went over your head, but what McCree had actually meant didn't escape Hanzo or Genji. Because he got a fist to the jaw and knocked back down to the ground. Courtesy of Genji.

"Stop this!" You cried out, disturbed by the escalating violence against McCree. Without a moment's hesitation, you stood in front of the bounty hunter, now shielding him from the Shimada brothers.

"You guys, please," You were starting to feel guilty. It was, after all, your fault that McCree was behaving this way. "Don't be so hard on him. He's... not himself. And this is not his doing." You tried to come up with the words to say, to placate them. "This is an experiment to see what my powers do, remember?"

You turned and saw that McCree was back on his knees, chuckling as he wiped away some blood from his mouth.

"It's okay, darlin'," He looked past you to the two brothers. "I can take it. For you."

"Athena," you called to the AI, realizing that the lightheaded feeling you had was not going away. Who knew what they'd do to McCree if you were passed out cold? You didn't want to risk finding out. "If Hanzo and Genji continue this, please notify Winston and Mercy right away."

"Noted, [Y/N]. You need rest. Your vital signs are erratic. I'm detecting hypotension and poor hemodynamic stability in your body. Perhaps, it might be a better idea to experiment when your ShieldPak is available to use."

"Right," You agreed with Athena. "I think I'm going to..." As your words trailed off, darkness consumed you. And in that moment of losing consciousness, you understood that your powers were not without serious consequences.

Now standing on his feet, McCree caught your unconscious body in his arms. He warily eyed the approaching ninja. "Now, now," He started to explain, "I swear I mean no harm. And I won't pull that shit again. As soon as she fainted, I ain't horny anymore." Well, it ain't entirely true. He kept the thought to himself.

"Is he lying, Athena?" Genji closed in, intending to take you out of McCree's arms.

The AI responded after a pause, "Biochemical analysis shows testosterone and oxytocin levels decreasing. He seems to be returning to baseline. And it does seem like [Y/N]'s charming influence only works when she is conscious."

"Next time," McCree placed your unconscious body into Genji's arms. "Tell your girl to start easy. I thought I was going to jizz my pants." He shuddered. Picking up his hat off the ground, he walked past Genji and Hanzo out of the hangar.

The two brothers exchanged a brief glance before they followed suit.

"Was it jealousy that moved you earlier?" Genji called after his older brother.

"What?" Hanzo froze in his step, turned sharply, and glared at Genji.

"I saw the look in your eyes, Brother. I recognized the possessiveness. It was not unlike my own." Genji cradled your body closer to his, and it was involuntary. "You, too, harbor similar feelings for [Y/N], do you not?"

Hanzo maintained his rigid stance, not backing down from Genji's shrewd gaze. "Think what you will. I will show our... guest to his quarters."

The ninja watched mutedly as his brother vacated the hangar. After the steps receded, he gazed upon your sleeping face. "It seems I am not without competition," Genji spoke softly, his heart clenching as he studied your resting form. He knew he would need to up his game if he was going to win your affection.

But he wasn't even certain he would be able start and maintain a relationship with you. Not with his half-robotic body. Genji sighed, silently wishing he knew how you felt about him. And for the first time in a long while, he longed to be completely human again.

---

a/n: hey guys. I'm sorry for making you wait so long for this update. I started working a new job and it's been kicking my ass. As always, thank you for your support (reads, comments, votes). The comments I've read, especially while I'm at work, have made me smile and laugh like an idiot lol. I'll try to update faster from this point on.