Chapter Five: Healing Touch

"I see you've recovered, brother," a familiar voice caught your attention, and the figure it belonged to appeared in your view.

"Genji," You and Hanzo spoke in unison. While you sounded flustered (thanks to Hanzo's shameless flirtation with you recently), Hanzo sounded quite annoyed.

"My brother must be quite taken with you, [Y/N]." Genji's tall form drew close as you stilled. "In all my thirty-five years, I've never seen him act this way around a beautiful woman."

Your breath hitched, and all rational thought left your head. Genji just said I'm beautiful... You swallowed the knot forming at the base of your throat.

Hanzo, who no longer looked amused from your interaction earlier, stared his younger brother down, "You are interfering with my recovery." He spoke with forced evenness.

"Perhaps you mean to say I'm interfering with your advances." Genji's voice did not falter. You couldn't tell if he was jesting or not.

"What if I said you were?"

Genji remained silent for several moments in his rigid stance. "Shall I return later then?"

"Yes," Hanzo replied brusquely.

"No," You chimed simultaneously.

You squirmed in discomfort. Your ears were burning hot from their bickering, over you. Never in all your life had you felt so embarrassed.

Both men turned their heads to look at you, anticipating your next words.

"Umm..." You fought the blush hard. Get a grip, [Y/N]! You berated yourself. This wasn't the way a proper practitioner behaved. Especially around patients and/or their families. You looked at Hanzo as sternly as you could, "I'm flattered, but I don't do co-workers."

He raised a brow in response, a devilish smirk on his face, "Who said anything about doing me?"

In your periphery, you saw Genji's form straightening and arms crossing. If his countenance had been visible, one would be seeing his eyes widening and jaw dropping. "What form of drug did you give to him, [Y/N]?"

"I-I haven't given him anything," You were shocked, but not as stupefied Genji was.

"Are you alright, brother?" Genji approached Hanzo and stood at his side. "You do not seem yourself."

"I am more than alright." In one swift motion, he grasped the layers of bandages you'd wrapped around his upper torso and ripped them apart as if they were flimsy cobwebs.

You gasped at the rash and sudden act, about to scold your patient. However, you noticed that the wound you dressed earlier had vanished. Was it the biotic enhancement in the transfused blood? It was supposed to have sped up his recovery but not this quickly.

"How is that possible?" You, too, approached Hanzo and stood at his side. Marveled at his amazing recovery, you forgot how embarrassed you'd been just a few minutes ago.

You suddenly felt out of touch with your surroundings, your vision out of focus, and your head spinning. The last thing you saw before the everything turned black was the mystifying glow of Genji's mask.

➤➤➤

You were woken up by the steady beeping sound of a heart monitor. Hovering your hand over your eyes, you slowly opened them, trying to adjust to the brightly lit room.