Chapter Twenty Four:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!

This chapter is dedicated to anyone who has gone through a tough breakup or is going through one now. I promise you it gets better. You have to find happiness from within yourself. Stay strong!

~~~~~~~~~~~

I watch as Bionca stalks off toward Jake. However, as I wince at what I expect to be a slap across his face, I see Bionca flirting with Jake.

I don’t understand her. She was literally just telling me how much of a dick he is and now she’s flirting with him. I get up and get a cup of water.

“Hey.”

I turn around to see Rayna standing there.

“Oh, hey there stranger.” I say jokingly even though the sentence becomes truer by the second.

“How’s it going with Jake?” she asks.

“What do you mean? We broke up a while ago…and we don’t talk anymore.” I say looking at the ground.

I seriously don’t feel like reminding myself of the unfortunate reality I have to deal with. On top of that, why should I remind myself of it with someone who I feel like barely gives a shit about me anymore?

“Oh well I was just wondering cuz like I heard that Bionca and Jake broke up…” she says, kicking a rock across the dirt path.

“Yeah. They did. That doesn’t change anything though.” I say, glancing over at Bionca who is currently hugging Jake.

Why does he let her hug him when she just broke his heart? That’s hypocritical of me to say. If he came over and hugged me I would by all means let him hug me…because I still care about him. Which only means one thing; he still cares about her.

The realization hits me hard. Like a smack across the face.

I should probably get used to this heartbreak thing. I feel like it’s gonna happen a lot.

“Okay, well, I guess I’ll see you later.” Rayna says, waving before walking away.

She has pretty much ignored me the last few months. I don’t know, maybe I pushed everyone away after Jake broke up with me because the only person I really wanted in my life was him. I really screwed everything up.

I shake away the depressing thoughts and head over to where the group of kids my age are gathering for a meeting about the first day of camp schedule.

~~~~~

I get off the bus and head straight upstairs. I strip myself out of my dirty, sweaty clothes. Turning on the shower, I climb in and let the hot water pour down my back. Today was a long day. I have no idea what is going through Bionca’s head, or what she’s planning on doing with Jake’s feelings, but I want to find out and keep him from getting more hurt that he already is. I scrub my shoulders and arms. I scrub so hard that it hurts. I want to wash away all of the germs that Bionca so kindly left on my today with her excessive hugging. I don’t get her. I thought she hates me, yet she still talks to me and pours her heart out to me. She’s a bitch to me and she smacks me across the face, yet she still hugs me? Maybe she has bipolar disorder. I don’t know. All I know is that I have to keep my guard up with her. I refuse to let her hurt me again.

I finish cleaning my hair and I rinse off all the soap. I wring out my hair and watch as the water goes down the drain. I feel clean and free of Bionca.

I climb out of the shower and wrap my towel around me.

After getting dressed, I check my phone and I see that I have a message from…Bionca?