Chapter Four

"Can I sit here?" I ask Jake.

"Yeah sure." he says giving me the cutest smile I've ever seen in my life. His teeth are perfect.

I sit down next to him and Rayna places her plate down at the spot next to mine.

"So, you're Allie?" Jake asked me.

"Yeah! You're Jake?" I asked, even though I already knew very well who he was.

"Yup." he said, digging into the pasta on his dinner plate.

"So, what school did you come from?" he asks.

"I came from Timothy School."

"Oh, that's cool. Do you like it here?"

"Yeah. So far so good."

Rayna and I finish eating our main meal and when we get up to get a brownie for dessert, Jake asks us where we're going.

"Wanna get me a brownie?" he asks.

"Yeah sure." I say, maybe a little too flirtatious.

"Thanks." he says.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rayna and I make our way back to the cabins. It's about 9:30 and its cold and dark outside. Most of the girls have already changed into pajamas and are walking around the cabins talking and giggling. In the distance there are couples walking together.

I change into my pajamas and brush my teeth. Rayna takes a shower and then goes to sleep.

I just lay there in my bed for what feels like forever, looking out the window that is by my bed. I hear the faint whispers of girls' gossip and I try and close my eyes and fall asleep.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

My eyes flutter open and shift to the window. There is someone there.

It's Jake.

I immediately close my eyes, hoping he didn't notice that I saw him.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

I open my eyes and sit up, pretending that I didn't hear the knocking before.

Jake motions for me to come outside. I grab my jacket and slip on some shoes and head outside.

"Hey." Jake says in the most dreamy sexy voice ever.

"Hi."

"Do you wanna go on a walk with me Allie?"

He said my name. It sounds so good.

"It's so cold though. I'm really tired. What time is curfew?"

"Curfew is 10:30, so we have about 45 minutes."

He sounds so smart talking like that.

"Okay, I'll go with you."

We start walking down the path, creating small talk.

"So tell me about yourself Allie."

"Well, I'm 15, I have four younger brothers and no sisters, I like to sing and I like to draw. I want to be a teacher when I get older and I'm very passionate about stopping bullying." I say quickly.

"Wait, you can sing?" he says, taking my cold small hand in his warm one.

"Yeah." I say shyly.

"Will you sing for me?" he asks.

"I don't know, I'm really shy about it..."

"Please."

"Okayyyyyy."

I stop walking, standing in the moonlight.

"White lips, pale face, breathing in snowflakes, burnt lungs sour taste" I begin singing and all of a sudden, Jake begins to sing with me, creating the most beautiful sound.

We stand there in the moonlight, staring into each other's eyes for what feels like forever. We finish the song and he cups my face in his hand.

"You're voice...it's...beautiful."

He leans forward and kisses my nose, causing me to giggle. Then he takes my hand and walks me back to the cabin.

That. Was. So. Magical. OMFG.