Chapter Nineteen:

Please keep commenting and voting. :D Thanks!

~~~~~~~~

This has been a really crappy day. The show went fine. That was probably the only good thing that happened today. I just want to sleep. I don’t feel good.

I remove my stage makeup and get into the shower, letting the hot water wash away all of my emotional pain. I don’t think I have ever been this sad before. I don’t know if it’s because of stress from school, stuff with Jake, or just because I haven’t been getting enough sleep. It’s probably all of the above.

I lather up the shampoo, massaging it into my head. I try and close my eyes and relax but I can’t hold back the tears any longer. I just let them go.

All of a sudden I feel a wave of nausea, so I sit down in the tub. I know, weird, but I’d rather not faint in the bathtub, that would be embarrassing and really dangerous.

Slowly, I regain the strength to finish my shower. I don’t want to go to school tomorrow. It’s Friday tomorrow, so I can sleep all day tomorrow and have the weekend to catch up on sleep and work.

I get out of the shower and dry off. Goosebumps cover my body and I begin to shake violently.

“MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” I yell.

No response.

“MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” I yell a little louder this time.

I glance over at the clock on my nightstand. It’s only 9:30. She should be home. Why isn’t she answering?

“MOM!”

“What Allie!? I’m trying to get your brothers to sleep!” she yells from down the hallway.

“I don’t feel good. I need you to take care of me.” I yell back, suddenly feeling extremely weak.

“Okay, I’ll be there in five minutes.”

I throw on an old t-shirt and flannel pajama pants. As a brush my hair, I yawn at least five times. I get into bed and wait for my mom to come.

Allie: Ugh, I feel so sick. I don’t think I’m coming to school tomorrow

Jessica: Awh bby. I’ll collect your homework for you and bring it over on Saturday

Allie: Thank you

I throw my phone across my bed and run to the bathroom, emptying all of my dinner into the toilet. I feel a hand sweep my hair into a ponytail.

“Allie, you really need to get some sleep. You’re not going to school tomorrow.”

“I don’t want to go to school ever again.” I say, spitting into the toilet, trying to get the disgusting taste of throw up out of my mouth.

My mom sits on the ledge of the bathtub right next to me.

“Ever again?! Allie, I know you’re at a new school, and I know it’s only your first year of high school, but you can push through this.”

“No, mom, you don’t understand. I just don’t get anything I’m learning. I’m so tired. Things aren’t going well with Jake. Bionca is at it again. I just hate going to school.” I say, wiping a tear from my cheek.

“We will talk more later. Right now you need to get some rest. Everything is worse at night. ”

“Okay.”

“Are you gonna throw up more? Or can I move you to your bed now?” she asks.

“I think I can go to bed now.” I say, flushing the toilet.

Shaking violently from my now obvious fever, I brush my teeth and wash my hands. My mom sticks a thermometer into my mouth.

101.8

Great.

My mom hands me a sweatshirt and socks from my closet. I put them on and get under the covers.

“Go to sleep Allie. Call or text me if you need anything. I’ll keep my phone by me.” my mom says, leaning down to kiss my forehead.

“Mom. Can you stay here with me for a little while?” I ask, pulling the covers all the way up to my chin.

“Yes. But not for too long.” she says, sitting on my bed.

I soon drift into sleep.

~~~~~~~~

I wake up to the smell of my mom’s chicken soup. My stomach growls, signifying that I’m hungry. I glance over at my alarm clock. 4:00pm. Holy shit. I slept from like 9:45 last night until 4:00 this afternoon!

Allie: I’m up now. Your soup smells amazing.

Mom: thanks, I made it special for you. Lol <3 how are you feeling?

My mom thinks that lol means “lots of love” . Oy.

Allie: I’m feeling A LOT BETTER.

Mom: Okay, come downstairs, I have a bowl of soup waiting for you.

Allie: Okay, I just checked my temp and im back to normal.

Mom: awesome

~~~

After eating the soup, I watch Pitch Perfect.

Jake: Where were you today?

Allie: Home sick with fever

Jake: You probably have aids from Dean

Allie: excuse me?!

Jake: yeah

Allie: k

What the hell is his problem? I know that he doesn’t like Dean but seriously? Aids? That’s like not even funny. I’m sick and he doesn’t even ask how I’m feeling.

Allie: Can we talk? Can I call you?

Jake: no

Allie: why?

Jake: because I don’t know that I want to be with a girl who cheats on me and ignores me.

Allie: I never cheated on you, and I only ignored you because I didn’t like the way you responded to me telling you that I cut.

Jake: Don’t tell me you didn’t cheat on me. I know you have feelings for Dean.

Allie: No, I don’t. I like you and only you. Dean and I barely talk anymore.

Jake: we are done. Finito. Discussion over.

Allie: please…Jake…