Chapter Eight:

Finally, we can leave second period and go to the Virgin Tournaments. I grab my bag and start walking to the athletic wing of the school. My heart is beating so fast. This is going to be the first time since we admitted to liking each other that Jake and I see each other.

I walk to the end of the long hallway to the red gym. I already hear warm-up music blasting loudly from the blue and green gyms. I peak into the red gym, but there is nobody in there. Whatever, I'll go in anyways since he said to meet him here. I walk in and sit down on the bleachers, right where he told me to sit. I pull out my phone to check and see if he texted me or something. My hands were clammy. Why am I so nervous? It's just Jake. NO! IT'S NOT JUST JAKE!!!!!!!! HE LIKES ME!! OMFG!!!!

All of a sudden, I feel a pair of hands covering my eyes.

"Hey." says a deep voice from behind me.

"Who is this?" I ask, getting extremely nervous.

"It's me Allie." Scott says sitting down next to me.

"What are you doing here? You're not supposed to be here!"

"Oh, I'm sorry, were you supposed to meet someone else?!?!" he says, almost spitting in my face.

"What's your deal? Why are you so aggressive with me?" I ask.

"You're just so perfect, and I want my dick in you so bad."

"Ew. What the fuck?!? Get away from me." I yell, getting up quickly from the bleachers.

"But babe, you know you want me." Scott says, stepping closer to me, grabbing me by my shoulders.

This was not supposed to happen. I was supposed to meet Jake and everything was supposed to be normal and fine. Did I come to the wrong gym? Is this all a joke?!?!

"Get off of me!" I scream, quickly heading towards the door.

All of a sudden, I see Jake running through the entrance to the gym.

"Allie! Are you okay?" he asks worriedly.

"I'm fine. Just tell Scott to stay away from me. He is so creepy and makes me wanna puke."

Scott runs by me and nudges my shoulder.

"SCOTT! DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH MY GIRL! YOU LEAVE HER THE FUCK ALONE OR YOU WILL DIE!" Jake yells after Scott.

"Thanks." I say shyly.

"No problem." Jake takes my hand and leads me to the bleachers.

"Are we going to watch the game?" I ask.

"Yeah. Of course! I just wanna sit here and talk to you for a little while."

"Okay."

"So what's up?" Jake says, motioning for me to sit down next to him.

"Nothing much. Just a little shaken up from Scott." I say, looking down at the floor.

Why can't I stand up for myself? I'm such a loser.

"Come here..." Jake says softly.

I glance up at him to see his arms outstretched. I lean over and rest my head on his chest. He wraps his arms around me. God he smells good. I could stay here all day.

After about five minutes of us just sitting there in silence, Jake takes leans over and pulls something out of his backpack.

"I brought you something." he says.

"More than the chocolate? That was already so sweet." I say smiling at him.

Our eyes lock. I've never really looked at him like this before. We are so close, and I'm noticing things I've never noticed before. He has the longest eyelashes and biggest most adorable brown eyes. His teeth are super white and straight. His lips are big and pink, perfectly shaped. His hair is combed perfectly. Never have I seen a more attractive boy.

He places his hand on my cheek. The place where his hand is on my cheek burns under his hand.

"I brought this for you." he says, placing a small box in my lap.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Open it."

I open the box to find the most beautiful silver bracelet. It is thin, and linked with infinity signs and hearts. It is absolutely beautiful.

I want to say something but I'm speechless.

"Thank you!" I gush.

"You are very welcome. I have really important question for you."

"Anything!" I say, locking eyes with him.

"Will you please be my girlfriend?" he asks blushing.

HOLY SHIZZLES. HE JUST ASKED ME TO BE HIS GIRLFRIEND.

"Allie? Oh no, you don't like me. This is so awkward. I'm so sorry." Jake says quickly.

"No. Of course I'll be your girlfriend. I'm sorry I didn't answer right away, it's just that I can't believe this is happening to me. I mean someone actually likes me." I blurt out.

"What do you mean? Of course I like you. Why are you so surprised?!?!?" he asks, tucking a piece of lose hair behind my ear, revealing the tears welling up in my eyes.

"Well because...I'm ugly, and weird and fat. I don't understand why you like me." I say, wiping the stray tear off my face.

"You are the most beautiful and kind girl I've ever met. From the minute I heard you sing when we took that walk together, I fell in love with you. You're so talented and I don't want to be with anybody else but you." he says, pulling me into a hug.

"Is that really how you feel?" I ask into his chest.

"Yes. Now I don't want my girlfriend crying. Come, let's go watch the games."

"Okay. Thank you Jake." I say, looking up into his eyes.

"Anything for you beautiful. Let me see you smile." he says, brushing a stray tear off my cheek with his thumb.

I smile and stand up, wrapping my arms around his waist. I rest my head on his chest. He is perfect to me and I don't ever wanna let him go.