Chapter 27

I walked with my back up straight and made sure my face was clean from sadness. I realized I have been doing that a lot but I just can't help it everything in me just wants to burst out until I'm licked dry from tears. But I know that they can never stop. So I must keep on going.

   I walked into the ER as the doctor just came out of my mate's room. He looked at me with tired eyes. "I just checked up on him. You can see him."

   "Thanks." I said even though I knew I could've gone  in already. I opened the door carefully just to make sure to not wake him or anything but there he was in the bed somewhat like Ethan except Ethan is no more of course.

     "So you finally decided to visit me." he said his voice slightly rusty.

   "I was going to see you before but the doctors didn't let me. Anyway how do you feel." I said sitting on his bed.

"Much better that's for sure but still not completely healed." I looked at his arms with slight scars barely seeable. But his dusty blond hair needed to be fixed but however it seemed as though his face wasn't damaged just drained of some color. He then started to smile.

"My good looks are still there then."

"I'm just checking to see your damages but it just doesn't seem as though your that hurt. What happened?"

"Well besides me from failing." He said slowly. It started out fine we were just a step inside of their territory when all of a sudden we got attacked their were 6 wolves but they were so fast I couldn't or should I saw our whole group couldn't keep up with their speed and so we got physically hurt. They got me in the leg which is where the scar is but don't worry it's not that bad."

"Then." I said waiting for him to continue.

"Of course in order to survive we had to kill the wolves inside their territory and so we were able to kill some but we had to call it quits while we were losing some of our blood we used the last of our energy and ran out as fast as we could."

"So it seems as though they knew we were coming." I thought for a second. this can't be good but I also can't get surprised it was obvious. I need to plan a way to get in then. And even if I go maybe that would just-

"Kalista or should I say mate; I'm right here." He said crossing his arms.

I looked at him. "I know it's just I have to think right now."

    "I know you do but can't we just have one moment to just talk about us." He said hopeful.

    "Us?"

   "Yes you know technically you didn't really say you accepted me and-" Jeffery(the scout wolf) came through the door without knocking.

   "Alpha, I am sorry to come in like this but I have just received a letter from the shadow night pack."

    "Of course." I stood up and turned to Cameron. "Can this wait I really need to take this."

     "Sure." he said disappointed as I walked out and closed the door.

     "I found this letter as I scouting in our pack it just seemed as though they knew where I check. So my guess is there started to spy now."

     "I need a my beta."

      "And who is it?" He said confused.

      "I'm going to check." I grabbed the envelope from him. "I will read this soon enough I just need to do stuff."

"Alright alpha." He walked off without another word. Now where is Tim and Noah? I walked through the halls until I found them in the throne room. "There you are. I was looking for you everywhere."