Chapter 24

Blake- hope you enjoy this chapter.

I should have never listened to Henry about taking a break. But why do I feel as though I don't regret it? I quickly got in my room where I quickly took a shower and dressed into fresh new clothes.
    As I got out I decided I needed to talk to my dad. But maybe he won't be helpful.  
     As I was in front of his room as I took a deep breathe before knocking. "I told you to just come in." He said annoyed.
  I slowly opened the door as his face showed some hint of surprise. "Oh it's just you. What do you want?"
   "Have you heard they took a female wolf. I believe the wolves came east. Do you have an idea of what they want?"
    "No. I don't have anything just that sometimes we trade with them just like all of the other packs. The pack name is called "Shadow night." I believe their alpha is a 30 year old who is always gambling. He likes being challenged just as he likes seeing a challenge. Best bet try not to mess with him."
"But I need to; he took one of my pack members."
He looked up at the ceiling closing his eyes. "Then go. You are the alpha now not me. Do what you think is right." He said in the end as 'just go already.'
I looked away from him putting my hand gently on the doorknob sighing slightly as I closed my eyes for a second before heading out. I wish he guide me better but whatever. At least I know a bit more about the guy I am facing. I quickly ran down the stairs.
   I saw Vixton( my dads beta). "Vixton." I said. "Have you heard that they stole one of our new members."
"In fact I have I was just about to send some of the battle wolves with me. That is if you approve."
"In fact I do. How many are you taking?"
"Not many as I know some still need to stay here just in case. I decided to take 4 wolves which includes me."
I thought for a second. "I see but I need you to bring someone else on your trip. His name is Cameron."
"Princess I don't-"
I raised an eyebrow while also crossing my arms.
"Fine." He said still showing no emotion in his face but some slight hints of annoyance. "I will take him but he needs to follow my orders."
"Well yes. I do believe that is his sister. By the way be careful I heard that pack their alpha is a person who likes to be challenged."
"Yes alpha Kalista I understand and know as I heard everything from your father."
"Very well." I said as I turned around and went. I saw that Cameron was gone but just entered my house. I gave him a nod and he nodded back understanding that I got him in the search party.
And with that I went to go to the ER deciding to finally visit Ethan. As I walked I felt two familiar presence behind me.
"Oh Tim and Noah what brings you here?"
"Nothing really it's just the pack feeling worried and still some problems with the new packs." Said Tim.
"I see."
"Where are you heading?" Said Noah.
"I'm going to check up on Ethan I feel as though it's the least I can do. I barely had time to do what I want. I have all of my hands fill eversince I became the official alpha." I said speed walking. Putting a strand of red hair behind my ear.
"I don't think it's a good idea."
"Why not?" I said still walking.
"Because you never know if other people need to talk to you."
"They can wait." I said. It felt as though they were trying to not let me see Ethan. But I didn't care. I'm going to see him.
I remembered the room he was in. I went in his room as the door was already opened to see a horrific sight. Ethan lying down on the bed looking helpless. His rich skin color now all pal looking. His honey eyes now feel darker but still feel as though they are trying to feel alive. The sweat was coming down on his face as the white blanket is up to his neck. Both of his arms out as varies needles were being in his skin. The heart motor slowly going as other supplies were everywhere.
   "Ethan." I said slowly walking up to him.
    "Kalista." He said weakly turning his head slightly to me.
     I walked next to him as I looked down at him trying to give him support. "Ethan your going to be fine I just know it." I said but really not believing myself. The words tasted fake but it was the least I could think of to do. He looked like he was going to die already.
   "Listen kalista I just want to say that I'm glad your doing well. Sorry that I can't help you anymore." He said slowly.
    "What do you mean you can't help me anymore?" I spoke even though I felt I knew the answer already.
     "Well, I'm dying." He said as though he's waiting for death to come. "The doctor said that I'm going to die today or tomorrow."
    "I...no one told me." I said as I put my head down. I wanted to help him do something. This is all my fault but-
    "Don't blame yourself." He said as though he read my mind giving me a warm smile. How can he smile at a time like this? "I really did love being your royal guard."
    "I.." I started to nod my head. "No please don't say that." I grabbed his hand carefully as though a little strength could damage him more. The room suddenly felt dark as the sun didn't go in this room but only the light on the celling. But even the light felt as though it was turning a slight blue.
    I put my back up straight looking straight at his eyes. "No matter what Ethan I will be here. Thank you for everything. I know that I must've been a pain all these years."
   "You-"
    "No I'm not done." I said cutting him off. "You have been really good to me. And I can't repay you enough." I forced a smile to him trying to make it as real as possible as smiling was the last thing I wanted to do. I wanted to yell at him say 'please don't die!' But no matter what I say it all depends on how well his body can support him. "So thank you."
   "Of course."
    I stayed in the ER as long as I could but after 2 hours passed it seemed as though life didn't want me to stay.
   "Emergency! Please everyone make way!" I heard the nurses say loudly as I saw them run with the chair-bed  as it rolled down the hall into the nearest room. I couldn't see the face of the person but as I tried to move in closer I saw the nurse remove the blanket from the face and saw my mate.
   "Cameron?" I said weakly.