Chapter 23

3 days have passed. The new pack has settled in and my father has gotten out of the ER but resting in his bed as the butlers go to help him with his needs. I haven't stopped working as me and a group of my pack are busy cleaning the battlefield which still isn't clean.
    I look up at the sky with the light bloody shovel in my hand. The blazing hot sun shining down on me as it's finally the first day of summer. Even though I'm more of a fall person. But somehow this feels nice.
    "Kalista. Are you still working come on."
    "Oh Henry, of course I am I'm the official alpha." I said as I started to shovel again. Henry walked closer as he took the shovel from my hand.
   "Hey." I said annoyed. I knew that nobody else would ever do that to me but with Henry it's normal since we are childhood friends. And mostly he always tries to find a way to get what he wants, such a kid.
    "Come on. Relax. Let's go to the lake like old times."
     "Henry I-"
      "I promise nothing bad will happen. And plus your the alpha your not supposed to do this. Now come on." He says grabbing my hand and pulling me away from the battlefield.
    I smiled he never changes. "You know." He says after we walked after awhile. "Your slowly getting back to your old self."
     "My old self?"
      "Well yeah. But you have changed in the good and bad ways."
       "Well tell me already." I said curious.
      "Well before you were sensitive, easily manipulated, a little girl-"
      "Little girl?"
       "I mean that you followed or at least tried to follow what your dad says. Also you were nice."
       "I'm not nice?" I said with a frown. That is the least of the things I wanted right now. Being a leader you need everyone to trust you, and relay on you as that's what my dad says.
      "Now your way more responsible, independent, serious, and well trying to hard. But don't get me wrong your still my best friend in the whole world."
     "Wow a lot of talk from an omega."
      "Yeah I'm not like those sad omegas." He said smiling.
      Suddenly I heard someone in the bushes. And based on the smell I already knew who it was. As I turn I see my mate even though I still haven't exactly told him that I accept him. "Hey were are you going?" Cameron says.
    "Why would you want to know?" Said Henry. You could tell by his face he didn't really like him but trying to hide it. Of course I knew Henry better than that.
     "Because I was just wondering." He then faced me. "So kalista what are you doing?"
      "Were just going to the lake. Henry here wouldn't stop bugging until I went. But I guess it's good since I do need a break." I said as Cameron started to walk next to me on the other side of Henry. So now I have two boys at my side. As we were walking I saw that many of the plants were green with so many flowers scattered everywhere.
     I saw the lake not to far away. I smiled. "Ready Henry." I said exicitely.
   "You bet. Same tree as always."
    "Yeah." I said after Henry started to run to his tree.
     "Wait what's going on?" Said Cameron totally lost.
      "Go find a tree so we don't see you strip your clothes, turn into a wolf and go jump into the water with us."
     "Why can't we stay in our human form?"
   "Because if I go to my pack looking wet everyone would question me and it's not like-" I got cut off by Henry who was already in his wolf form. He has gray fur with black ears and paws, with brownish gray eyes. "Come on already." He said impatiently.
    "Coming." I said as I ran to the  nearest tree quickly stripping my clothes and turning to my white wolf.
     Cameron did the same in another tree.
     "Ready." "Yup." I said then looked at Cameron. "were about to jump in."
    "Okay."
     "Go." Said Henry. And all three of us started running and jumped as far as we could in the lake. Of course I won as Cameron was in second place inches from me.
   "Wow Cameron your good." Henry was not even half way to the lake like always. I dove my head in as I swam all the way in the water swimming. I saw both boys do the same. I felt so refreshed and relaxed.
    We were splashing at eachother until I smelled an intruder.
    I quickly got out of the water my instinct going crazy. The water was dripping down on the dry dirt turning it into drops of mud.
     Cameron and Henry stopped swimming when they saw me frozen.
     "What's going-" but Cameron stopped as both males sniffed what I was sniffing and quickly got out of the water. We were all side by side.
   Until I saw another wolf not from my pack, behind the tree where I put my clothes at. His fur was gray on top turning white all the way to the bottom of his belly with some hints of black. He was holding my clothes.
  I saw another one hold Henry's clothes also in his mouth this one was a muddy looking brown color with hints of yellow and really dark looking eyes almost black.
   "Hey who are you." I growled at them. They were stepping on to my territory.
   They started to run away quickly into the forest back to their pack. Based on the way they were going I'm guessing it's on the east side. But I couldn't remember what the pack is called.
     "We got to catch them." I told the boys. They nodded their heads and we started to chase them down.
     We ran and ran and right when I was about to catch the muddy brown one he disappeared into the tall brownish died grass.
     I snarled and started to walk back. "I was so close to catching him. But what did he want with my clothes?"
    "We have no idea but we have to figure something out." Said Cameron.
     "Let's go back." I said running back to my house. The water on my fur already dried up as the warmth of the air was becoming too hot for my fur yet again.
     I walked back to my pack getting nervous stares.
I was trying not to show a mad, disappointed face but I couldn't help it.
"Alpha kalista a wolf from another pack took a female wolf." Said a young lady.
"Which wolf did they take."
"She's from the new pack. She has blond hair with light hazel eyes."
"Wait a second was her name Hazel." Said Cameron worried.
"I guess so. But she's a hyper and feisty one. We tried to stop them but they were too fast."
"Thank you." I said before I walked to my house.
"Kalista were in trouble, especially my little sister. I just know they have her."
"She's your little sister how old?"
"Two years younger than me so 17 years."
"Listen don't worry we will get her back but for now I need to try and find clues and change." I said as I started to head out.
    "Promise me that when you send the wolves out that I have to come to."
"Fine." I said as I started to head towards my room.