Chapter 1

I waited until I knew my dad and that woman were asleep too quickly get out of my bed and make my way towards the window

  I waited until I knew my dad and that woman were asleep too quickly get out of my bed and make my way towards the window. Opening the window I climb out and when I am at a safe distance between the ground I jumped down. 

  "Are you doing this again?" I jumped at Matt's voice. I slowly turned around to find him standing behind me with a flashlight.

  "It's Wednesday" I answer walking past him and going to my car. I unlock the doors and get in with Matt opening the door to the passenger side. I drive out the driveway and hit the road.

   "So did you find any leads?" I ask.

   "Well, this picture was taken in a newspaper" Matt hands me a newspaper that looks like it belongs to some country in Africa. It looks like an ad for performance. Everyone in the picture has their face painted so I can't really tell if any one of them is familiar. Plus it's hard to do two things at once while driving. I hand back the newspaper to Matt.

   "I'll check it out later" I say as I make a right turn to a familiar street.

  "I heard that women talking the other day. It looks like they already set a date and she's trying to get it done early."

  "So how much time do you think do we have?" He asks.

"I'll say a few weeks, so we have to act fast" I answer as I pull up to the driveway of a house. I see other cars parked near the driveway. Getting out of the car I go in the trunk to get my things.

"Why don't you just go talk to her family?" Matt says getting out of the car.

"I did visit them, but when I  went there everything that belonged to Jackie or related to Jackie was gone. It seems like everyone forgot about her and moved on. As if she never existed" I say letting out a breath of frustration.

Matt looks down for a moment "Max--"

 "Don't even think about it" I pick up my bag and shut the back of my trunk making my way to the house.

"I'll think about visiting them again and see maybe there be some clues around the house. See you tomorrow" I say to Matt walking away.

When I reach the front door, I open the door to the house to see all the guys are here.

 "Hey Max" Micky greet me as I walked into the living room.

"Sup" I turn to face the picture of my dad, Jackie and me.

"So we're all here" Jose comes out of the kitchen with a baseball in his hand.

"Let's play ball," I say with a smile. The gang and I went out in the backyard to play baseball. 

There is only one month until the school year starts and my friends and I will finally be seniors this year. So much bullshit has happened in these past couples of years, but it hasn't been all bad. The guys and I are on the baseball team and have been State Champions for 3 years now and we expect to be State Champions for another year.