Chapter 45- Danger on the Dance Floor

Aiden's POV

"Okay, let's find something you might like here..." Katcha mused, scanning the stacks of books. I wilted in a chair by the fire, my eyes glazed over as I stared at the flames dance.

"Aiden, I can't do this myself, the books are too heavy," Katcha said, "Get up."

"Katcha, why can't I just go back to bed?" I asked.

"You aren't getting any better there, so you're going to get better here. Get up."

I groaned as I got out of the chair and sauntered over to her.

"Don't be such a wuss. Read something," Katcha ordered.

"Fine," I sighed as I pulled a book from the shelf. I waved it at her, "I'll read this if you'll stop bothering me."

"Deal."

I plopped back down in my seat, the cushion sinking beneath me and dropped the book in my lap. It appeared to be some kind of journal.

Studies of the Universe- by Sheldon.

"Phft, nerd," Katcha scoffed from behind me.

I opened the book and flipped through the pages. They appeared to have sketches and scribblings of Shelly, obviously, about things he'd been researching, presumably around the world.

I heard someone opening a door. I looked up and saw Darling and Sheldon walking in, talking about something together.

"Hey," I coughed. They noticed me.

"Aiden... what are you doing here?" Darling asked.

"Couldn't sleep," I said. Sheldon noticed his journal in my hands.

"I see you found my reaserch," he said, pointing at it.

"Ah, yeah," I said, "I was just—"

"Hey, I want to show something," he said, leaning over and flipping to something in the book. I just let him do it.

"Shelly, you're not getting that out again, are you?" Darling asked as she began to scan some of the shelves.

"I just want to show him!"

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"There's this book," Sheldon began, "It's said to have the power to create anything. You just write it, and it happens. It was said to be used by the ancient authors, and it would be so cool to find."

"Come on, stay on track," Darling urged, "Where do you think it'll be? The... Ps?"

"Sure, I'll just throw out my dreams, whatever," Sheldon grinned, "Yeah, let's check there."

He had left me with the page that had information about this supposed 'magic book' on it. Its pages were golden and it had a nice, leather cover. Next to it, however, the page seemed to be ripped away.

"Hey, uh, Sheldon?" I asked, "What was here?"

"I don't actually know, and that's what I'm trying to figure out," he said, "That wasn't originally just a journal, it was more of an informational guide that I kind of took over."

"Ooh, maybe it could be in the Ms, for medical," Darling suggested, lifting a finger, "Or magic."

"Good idea. You check over there, I'll keep looking here."

Darling walked across the room and began to search through the section labeled M."

"What..." I coughed, "...what are you looking for, exactly?"