Chapter 19- How Ivor was Lost

Petra's POV

We settled down behind some bushes near the street. The moon dimly lit the dark blue sky and the breeze was chilly. Near where we would be sleeping there was this big, gray truck with three suspicious looking guys smoking cigarettes and leaning against it.

"Jesse!" I whispered, "Come here!"

"I'll be right back," she said to Brian. She walked over to the side where I was.

"What is it?" she asked.

"Over there," I whispered, pointing at the guys by the truck.

"What about them?"

"They give me a bad feeling. Something about them is off."

We both glanced over again. They were still just casually smoking their cigarettes and occasionally spitting into the ground.

"I just think we should keep away from them," I concluded.

"Yeah, you're probably right," Jesse agreed, "but they're not doing anything now, so we're safe."

"If you say so," I said as we walked back over to the group. I glanced back one more time to get a better look at them. One of them had pale skin and acne with a slouchy posture and black hair. I thought I recognized him from somewhere...

Then, it hit me. He was the guy who was beating up Soren the other day. But he was with two other guys now... what did he say about Pickaxe?

"Uh-oh," I said.

"What?" Jesse asked.

"That guy over there. He was the guy that was picking on Soren! And... what was that thing he said about—"

"Pickaxe would be excited to meet us..." she recollected.

"So... one of those other guys is probably him!"

"Crap. This is bad."

"What? What's bad?" Lukas asked.

"You see those guys over there? One of them is Pickaxe!" Jesse said.

"Pickaxe... who's—oh," he realized.

"Yeah. Oh," I said, "We need to move."

Unfortunately, they noticed us. They looked up and murmured something amongst themselves, then started over to us.

"Not really getting 'friendship vibes' from them..." Lukas said.

"I wish I had my armor right now. Then this will probably be a lot easier," I said. 

Right, I'm not sure if we've explained this yet.

Back in the portal hallway, we lost our armor in a world we went into before the walker apocalypse one. We, me, Jesse, Lukas, and Ivor, arrived through the portal into that place, and before us was this huge palace with tons of people around it. Not too long after we arrived, someone shouted,

"Look! It's him! Get him!"

Suddenly, the crowd went nuts and swarmed all around us. We had no idea what was going on. They came over to us and grabbed Ivor.

"We got him! We finally got him!"

"Hey! Paws off the robes!" Ivor exclaimed.