Chapter 12- Soren

Lukas's POV

Alright, I've been noticing something crazy lately, and I hope I'm not the only one. In those insane nightmares we keep having from the curse- I'm seeing a pattern. There's this girl who keeps showing up. She shows up in all of our dreams and sings a really creepy song. It's new every time. With each nightmare, she reveals more of herself to us. Like, last night, for example, I saw that her eyes were purple. I definitely know she's inhuman, but I can tell that it's a girl. It's almost like I want to have more nightmares so I can discover who she is, but at the same time, I never want to sleep again. It's just... complicated, I guess. 

Right now, though, I had to focus on the problem at hand.

"Hey, crybaby, you gonna run? Or are you going to cry?" I heard a voice say from behind the school as Jesse, Petra, Aiden, and I (Maya was with her new cheerleader friends) left the school building.

"Leave me alone!" squeaked another voice.

"Sounds like trouble," said Petra.

"Come on!" said Jesse as she ran in the direction of the sound. We followed.

The voices were coming from behind the school building near the dumpsters. In front of the brick wall was a tall boy with black hair covering his face and baggy, grungy clothes that looked like they were the only things he owned. He was holding a rock above his head ready to pound it into a kid's face.

"Hey, you!" exclaimed Jesse, grabbing his attention. He halted and turned around to face us.

"Leave him alone!" Jesse yelled as she sternly looked at him and placed her fists on her hips.

"Who the hell do you think you are?" he asked.

"Who do you think you are?!" began Jesse, "Dude, you can't just pound people with rocks! You might kill someone!"

First, he looked confused, then an ugly smirk spread across his face.

"I'm guessing you don't know who I work for," he said with a chuckle.

"No, but it doesn't matter! If you don't leave the kid alone," Jesse began. She pulled a diamond sword out of her inventory, "I will use this."

He suddenly looked surprised.

"Alright, chick, I'll let you off the hook. For now. But don't start to think that this is over. Pickaxe will be very excited to meet you."

He shoved her out of the way as he walked off. She scoffed as she watched him leave.

We rushed over to the kid who had gotten beaten up a minute ago. He had a black eye, a bruise on his cheek, and a little bit of blood was dripping from his nose. His eyes were also red as if he had been crying.

"What's your name?" asked Jesse as she kneeled in front of him.

"M-my name? It's S-Soren," he said as his voice cracked a little.

"Soren?! It... it's really you! I can't believe it!" Jesse exclaimed.

"Y-yes, but... must I be?"

"Haha! Yes! It really is you!"

"Jesse," I said as I tapped her shoulder, "he doesn't know. And he's hurt."

"What don't I know?" he asked.

"Well, when you grow up, you come up with the O-"

I quickly tapped Jesse again and slashed my hand across my neck signaling for her to not tell him.