Chapter 1- The Apocalypse

**********DISCLAIMER**********
(Oh, you know bad stuff's gonna happen when there's a big, fat disclaimer sitting at the top)
Parts of this may be offensive to some audiences. I try my best to keep this PG, but that's a little difficult in certain circumstances.
---

Jesse's POV

"Oof!"

I heard the sound of my own voice as I face-planted into the grass alongside my dear friends, Lukas, and Petra. We had just entered a new dimension in hopes that we would return to the overworld. Ivor wasn't here because he got arrested in a different dimension a while back, and we haven't seen him since. Poor guy. He did say he'd catch up with us when he gets out of jail, though. I'll wish him luck.

"Okay," I said as I stood up and dusted the grass off of my overalls, "Lots of trees, green grass, blue sky, the sun looks normal, I think we made-"

"AHH!" I whipped my head around at the sound of Lukas's scream. He was holding his arm and wincing in pain because there was a giant arrow sticking out of it with his blood all over it. Drama already? Wait, THERE'S AN ARROW STICKING OUT OF LUKAS'S ARM!

Another arrow was fired at us, but it fell just short of Petra's boot. I looked in the direction it came from and saw a skeleton hiding under a tree from the daylight.

"Come on!" shouted Petra, pulling out her enchanted gold sword. I pulled out my enchanted diamond sword as we both charged the skeleton. It barely had enough time to shoot before Petra slashed it with the sword, causing its bones to spill everywhere and a couple arrows to spill out.

Turning back over to Lukas, I asked.

"Are you okay?"

He replied with a forced smile through the pain, "Uh, he, ah, heh, got me pretty good, I'm gonna need to have this bandaged up, though."

"Alright, let's look around. See if we can find a house or something where we can help Lukas," I said.

Petra nodded in agreement, and we began to walk away.

I wandered through the trees with my sword in hand, ready to attack. The only thing I've seen so far are trees, though.

Suddenly, I heard gurgling noises, but not your typical zombie noises. This sounded slightly more human and it wasn't very deep. I spun around to find what looked like a person, except with string-like hair, half its ribcage exposed, and blood dripping everywhere. It slowly limped over to me. I honestly didn't know what to make of it. I had never seen one in my entire pixelated lifespan. I slowly backed away without taking my eyes off this... thing.

Thump! I had backed into a tree. It's what I get for not looking where I was going. The foul smell of it flooded my nostrils making me force back a gag. Once this slow moving thing came close enough to reach, I slashed my sword at its midsection.

It growled in pain as the sword broke through its rotting skin. It fell to the ground- dead. But, just to make sure, I held out my sword and cautiously poked it on the head.

Yep, it's dead, I thought.

"Jesse?" Petra's voice echoed through the trees.

"Over here!" I called back. I soon noticed her ahead of me, looking around. Our eyes met, and she came running over.

"What is that," she asked with disgust.

"I have no idea," I said, "I thought it might be a zombie, but it looks nothing like one. Whatever it is, it's dead now."

"Well, I came to let you know that I found a little cabin not too far away in the woods. I wanted to come get you before going inside."

"Alright. How's Lukas?" I asked.