Chapter 9- Princess Eva

Lukas's POV

While Petra and I were in the burning building, it never really occurred to us that we probably would need a mask or air tank or something. We both started suffocating.

"What... do we do?!" choked Petra.

Before I could answer her, a figure emerged from the fire...

...right before everything went dark.

I soon heard the sounds of the cool rain rushing down the leaves of the trees and hitting my face.

I opened my eyes and saw a girl looking at us with concern. She had orange skin, red eyes, red hair, and an orange and red dress with a long train in the back.

"Wh-who are you?" asked Petra.

"I am Fire Princess, but you may call me Eva. I saw you in my house... look, there is something I must tell you!"

I peered around to see where I was and found myself sitting on a large tree branch, elevated about as high as the burning house, which stayed on fire without burning down. Cool.

"You saved us?" I asked.

"Yes, I also used my healing energies to save your friend," she moved her red gaze over to Aiden, "That was very noble what you did back there, saving your comrade from dying."

Aiden blushed a little and smiled.

"Can you save Jesse?" Maya blurted. Eva just looked confused.

"Who is Jesse?"

"She was one of our closest friends," I said sadly, "but she's gone now."

"Wait a minute," Petra began, "when she died, she and Carter turned into statues. I tried leaning on them, and they turned into dust. How did that happen?"

"Well, I know not of Jesse nor Carter, but I presume that because Jesse gave up her life for yours, the logic of our dimension turned her to dust. Carter must have been touching her in order to be frozen as well, was he not?" Fire Princess asked.

"I... think so... yes, he was," Petra said, "Wow, that's really interesting."

"I'm afraid I am unable to save her... unless..." she stopped talking and put her fist to her chin, "...unless I can find her essence upon you! How long has she been gone?"

"She just died a little while ago!" I said gleefully. 

Wow, never thought I'd say something like that so happily.

"This is perfect!" said Eva radiating joy, "Alright, I just wish to warn you that this will be very bright."

She closed her eyes and held out both of her hands in front of her body. Something blew her red hair around almost as if by magic considering how wet it was outside which I thought looked pretty cool.

The bright light grew larger and moved onto the branch between Petra and me. We had to hold our hands out in front of our faces and squint our eyes because it was so bright.

The next moment, the light died down. When my eyes adjusted, a smile spread across my lips.

"Jesse!" everyone shouted at once and gave her a hug. I looked over to thank Eva, but she was out of breath.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Yes, yes, I am fine," she said as she caught her breath, "I may have healed you, but there is something all of you must know."

Everyone quieted down and listened.

"I think that... maybe I didn't find you before — "

"Mortals!" boomed a strong, but feminine voice from behind Eva, "What have you been doing in my house?!"