Chapter 16

"Naruto-kun?" I heard Hinata's voice as I came back to the house, she was the first to receive me.

She noticed that I was sad from what happened earlier. "What happened? He didn't listened to you?"

I sighed while hearing the others coming in. "No, he didn't. He wants to..." I trailed off. I didn't wanna spread more panic by saying that they'll be killed.

"Wants to what?" Shikamaru stepped in.

"...keep having you as slaves dattebayo." I managed to say. "But he said it without thinking what's coming next."

Everyone stood still. They knew that the previous plagues where horrible for the Uchihas. Only Ino dared to ask.

"What's coming next?" she said.

I looked at her before grabbing some of Sai's paint. "We have to paint the Uzumaki symbol in every house! We must do it before the moon rises. Otherwise it'll be too late." I said while handing them a pile of paint and some materials.

"Naruto what has gotten into you? Why do you want us to do this?" Temari asked.

"The Chained Spirit.." I replied. Everyone shrugged as I mentioned the name.

"That's..." Shikamaru started saying.

"But, Naruto-kun...The spirit, that means..." Hinata said while I nodded in sadness.

"He brought it on himself." I said. The Chained Spirit from the Uzumaki clan seeks vengance on any soul who brought death and despair to his beloved members. Some previous nights I had a vision of this spirit taking away from every Uchiha the most precious thing they ever had in order to avenge all the massacres the Uzumaki's suffered. Now, it was seeking revenge from the Uchihas and it will only cease if Sasuke decided to set us free...but he didn't.

We all spent hours painting and explaining every slave of the village about what was coming. It didn't took long because they immediately knew and understood about the situation so they started helping us.

The night fell. Nobody from the village was outside. We waited and waited 'till late night until everything was dark. Suddenly weird winds spread all across the village. The sound of chains could be heard from outside the houses. But as soon as the spirit saw the Uzumaki symbol, it vanished.

At the Uchiha palace, the guards ran away scared when they saw the spirit. The Chained Spirit went to every house, taking away every soul and precius thing from all the Uchiha families..

And the main Uchiha family wasn't the exception.

As soon as the spirit visited Konoha and did it's job it vanished in the air, leaving a dead silence in the village.

Early in the morning, screams and cries were heard coming from the Uchiha main houses. I decided to go there and see Sasuke, scared and frightened. I didn't wanna see what happened to them. But I managed to confront it.

The Uchiha Empire was in deep darkness. I entered the gates. There wasn't any guards working or any person outside their houses. I entered the palace. There was nobody. I walked through the hallways. The air was soft but cold. It held a sensation of desolation.

And there I saw them. In one of the rooms, sobbing. Sakura's cries ached my heart. I hated to see my friend suffering from something she didn't had any business with. On the other hand, Sasuke was silent while putting on the main table a small body. I stepped in closer. My eyes widened in fear as I recognized the person he was helding, and it was no longer alive.

It was Sarada.

Sasuke put her on the table slowly. Sakura hugged her tighthly while crying. I was on the verge of tears, but I managed to hold it.

"You, and your people can go.." Sasuke said in pain. I lowered my head and focused my view on the child's face.

I tried to reach Sasuke's shoulder with my hand while he got closer to Sarada's body. But as soon as he felt my hand he moved away.

"Leave us!" he said in pain. He wanted to yell, but he couldn't. Instead, he cried with his wife.

I saw the scene. I didn't say anything because I knew I was gonna make it worse. So I turned around and left them. I walked to the Uchiha gates while hearing all the screams and cries from all the families who's childrens lives were taken away by the Chained Spirit. The pain was too much to handle. As I made one step outside the Uchiha gates I had a breakdown and cried while falling on the floor.

I cried in fustration. I killed lives for the sake of my people. I killed children. I broke every parent's heart by taking away their most precious thing they have. I even took away Sasuke's daughter life!

"I'm sorry Sarada, Sakura, Sasuke..." I said while crying. Yes I got my people's freedom, at the cost of my brother and best friend most precious thing.

Their daugther.