Breathe

Merlin's POV:

Whisked by invisible hands through the door, past a passageway, and down a flight of stairs. Somehow, the biggest of my concerns was not Morgana at the moment. See, with every couple of steps i took, my feet, which had turned invisible, stubbed into some corner or random bump in the ground, and it was painful. Whoever said that a person stubbing their toe and crying out in pain overreacted, did not know the pain of stubbing their toe. Multiple times. On stone. 

There was no way that the areas underneath my toenails were not bleeding right now. That was annoying too. It felt weird for weeks, and it looked gross. Usually, I had his magic to take care of bloody toenails or things of the likewise, but as today was different, I was rather annoyed. 

Then I remembered that he was being carried into a dungeon in a castle full of mind controlled warriors by an insane and evil sorceress who was out for both my blood, and the blood of the person I loved most. Yeah. It seemed like my day was only getting worse and worse. At least I wouldn't have to worry about bloody toenails when there were more important matters at hand. 

It didn't take long for me to realize that Morgana wasn't taking me to my own cell. In, fact, it seemed to be a completely different sections of the giant dungeons. Really, why did she need so many cells? Was she planning to keep all of Camelot behind bars? Funny thought..... Or not. 

But where she was taking me now, I didn't like the feel of it. The place seemed oddly familiar, but it felt bad. It felt so bad. As if there was some dark magic brooding down here over centuries of collection and waiting. I was going to be it's feast. Whatever Morgana planned to do to me here, it wasn't going to be good. 

My mind went through so many scenarios. Torture, for one. She wanted the information, that much was obvious, and she didn't buy the little idiot game I had been playing. How long would I be able to hold out if she tortured me? I probably wouldn't have my magic to help me down here. I didn't trust the dark magic, it almost felt suffocating. What if my magic was harmed? No, if I survived torture it had to be of my natural abilities. I wondered how much pain I would be able to take if it came to that. I had survived a serket's sting, poison, and so much more. Would Morgana expect me to withstand that much? I would find out when the moment came, wouldn't I?

What if she did something else? What if she simply killed me? It would be easy enough. For all uses and purposes, this place was empty. Nobody would hear, nobody would know that I had died in this godforsaken place. It would be horrible. I would never have an opportunity to say goodbye to Arthur.

But then again, there was the chance that wouldn't happen. 

In fact, Morgana led me to a hallway full of trapdoors on the ground, each only a couple feet apart from the other. In the back of my mind, I wondered what they were used for. Maybe they were passageways to a different dimension. Maybe they would take me somewhere peaceful, somewhere happy. As if. 

Morgana, suddenly no longer invisible, bent down to unlock one of the doors, and opened it. Peering in, all I could see was a deep, dark hole. Somewhere i did not want to be. 

"Get in." The women commanded, standing up again. "Now." I jumped up, taking a step back.

"Morgana...."

"I said get in!" The dark magic that had felt suffocating earlier now felt ten times more so. It felt as if a snake was wrapped around my body, and it was going to squeeze me until the pressure collapsed my organs. This was my punishment for not listening. 

Air suddenly coming in raged breathes, I sat on the floor, legs hanging into the dark hole but still touching no platform or floor to say I wouldn't fall and keep falling once I let go.