Plans

We were in Arthur's chambers, now, and my voice was filling the room as Arthur sat, trying to think, with his elbows on the table and his hands supporting his head.

"This is bad. No, this is really bad. How many do you think there are? An army needs a fortress, right? Where do you think they'll be staying? Do you think Queen Annis knows? We'll need to tell her. What if-" I had this annoying habit of saying exactly what I was thinking when freaked out. Nothing could annoy Arthur more than me talking non-stop. That's probably why he tried to interrupt me,

"Mer-" I didn't let him,

"What about the isle of the blessed? That's an abandoned castle, and it wouldn't be difficult to rebuild with such an army and simple design. But then it would be difficult to get troops to and from where they're needed to be,"

"Merlin," 

"But it could really be anywhere. What if it's underground? I wouldn't put anything past Morgana, even tunneling her own castle. But it could also be-"

"Merlin!" I finally turned to Arthur, throwing my hands up in frustration, 

"What?!" I had a right to be annoyed. Here I was, trying to come up with something, and Arthur wasn't even listening. He was the king! I shouldn't be the one to do all of the work. 

"I'm going to send out patrols as soon as possible. They'll listen for people who know what's going on, and find out where Morgana's men are. If we find Morgana's men, we've found Morgana." Arthur replied calmly. I felt myself mellow a little bit, but still...

"How do you know she'll be with them?" I asked, although he hoped that she would be. 

"Because if this is her army, she'll need to house them. To house them would require a large castle, maybe even a small town. In a town there's luxury of some sort or other. I don't believe Morgana to be the type of person to skip out on a nice warm bed, or nice warm home," I supposed that Arthur's reasoning was logical, but still, I was a little bit skeptical. To find Morgana, her army, and her home all in one was hoping for a little much.

"What towns around here are abandoned?" I asked. Arthur just shrugged.

"I can't think of any right now, but what if she built one around an already existing castle?" Now I was really skeptical.

"Build a fully operating town? In this short a time? Isn't that a little far-fetched?" Arthur shrugged again.

"Think about it, Merlin. We don't actually know how long she's been working on this, and she has an army that would gladly follow her every command. They'll probably work until they drop dead, if she asked them to. And to add to that, Morgana has magic on her side. She could build a town easily." On the other hand, she probably could build a town. No more skepticism. I believed Arthur. 

"So we could find it easily, then. Right? Just listen for reports of a town where there wasn't one before," Arthur smiled,

"Alright, then. We'll listen."

In fact, Arthur was called to the throne room in only a couple of minutes. A woman already there was standing in front of a couple knights and attending counsil members. Her blond hair was trying to keep itself sorted out, but stuck out wildly in all angles. She was swaying where she stood, as if she would collapse at any moment. It looked as if she had traveled much further than she could take. 

She seemed a little out of focus, staring into space, so it took her a little while to notice Arthur. At this point she rushed into a deep curtsy. I wondered how she had the strength for it. She looked so weak. As soon as Arthur sat, he motioned for her to stand, which she did.