Games

I wouldn't say that Morgana's lunatic smile scared me, not enough to let loose my magic, anyways. It did make me nervous. Fun. Morgana had said we were going to have fun. My mind zoomed to all of the things she could have meant by that. None of the images that came to me seemed overly enjoyable. I was fairly certain that Morgana and I had two very different ideas of what the word fun meant.

As Morgana neared me, I felt myself tense up, but elsewise stood stock still, letting Morgana examine me. She looked up and down my body from head to toe, until there was nothing else to look at. Then she began to circle around. She stood out of my line of vision, and I wanted so much to simply turn around and watch her to see what she was doing, but something told me I shouldn't. Somehow, it seemed like moving right now would put me into more danger.

"Let me go," I ground out. What a stupid request, of course I wasn't going to get off so easily. 

As if to prove me right, Morgana stopped behind me and chuckled. That same thing that told me I shouldn't turn around was now telling me that Morgana's answer was going to be much worse than no. 

"Don't worry, Merlin. You'll be gone soon enough."  Why did it sound as if I would be dead by the time that happened?

"Wh-What are you going to do?" As much as I tried to keep my voice stable and strong, there was that little stutter in the beginning. Suddenly Morgana was in front of me. Her dark curls fell over her shoulders, and her face looked just as kind as it had when I had first arrived in Camelot, but her eyes... Her eyes had grown so cold, so full of hate.

Sometimes, I felt sorry for Morgana. She used to be so amazing, sweet, caring, kind, and.... happy. Now she was not always full of hate, but also sorrow. She had been hurt so badly, by everyone. Now there was no chance at helping her heart or soul. It was too late. 

Although at this moment, the last thing I felt for Morgana Pendragon was sorry. She was such a pitiful creature, never knowing where to stop. Her entire life seemed to be a mistake, but it was a mistake that she had made. 

"We're only going to play a couple games Merlin. Then I'll let you leave. Actually, I may have you stay around for the sake of my dear brother."

Morgana stepped away, and I slowly let the muscles in my body unclench. Very quickly, I looked around, but made sure to keep the woman in the corner of my eye. 

Morgana's men were disappearing behind me. The hallway was left clear, but it was obviously some sort of trap. Running away might just get me killed, and that would be no good for anyone besides Morgana herself. 

"Run." Morgana said, a smirk forming on her face. She swept her hand to the now empty hallway. I didn't move.

"I said run!" Morgana's voice filled the hall, bouncing off of the walls to create a bit of an echo. Morgana yelled another word, and threw her hand out in my direction. A large ball of energy, originating from that hand, flew straight towards my head. If I hadn't ducked then, it would have hit. Instead, there energy sphere collided with the wall and broke like glass. Soon the pieces disappeared, but there was now a window broken through the thick stone wall. I could see the town outside using the chest sized hole that the sphere had left. If that was on stone, I didn't even want to think about what the energy would do to human flesh.

Morgana was still shouting. The same word echoed around the hall time and time again. If I didn't want to find out what it was like to get hit by a giant killer ball of magical energy, I had to run.

So I ran.

I ran, and I ran, and I ran. I knewthat there were people chasing me, but I could hear no more buzzing from the magic. Maybe Morgana was gone for now. That would be amazing.