War

Arthur's POV:

It should have been impossible to reach Camelot in under a week. 

Key word: Should

I had since learned that the sheer determination that could only be born from love and worry was enough to lower any time, and let me reach my destination with an impossible speed. 

A day and a night, to be exact. 

Just because I was able to reach this speed did not mean my body was doing well withstanding it. 

All my muscles were sore, and I had a difficult time keeping my eyes open, but I ignored that easily, thinking only of Merlin, of how Merlin needed me.

When I was past the gates, there was already shouting from my knights. 

"Sire! What's happened?"

"You're back early, what went wrong?" 

"Somebody alert the castle that King Arthur has arrived back in Camelot!"

I ran up the steps of a still empty square, to find.... someone. I had to find someone. 

There was nobody in sight, not a soul. Nobody to help me go back for Merlin.

After all, the sun hadn't even come up yet. 

Up the stairs, through the corridors, around corners. I didn't know where I was going, I just knew I had to keep moving. I had to keep moving until I found someone. 

A door. A room. A bed. Night time. People sleeping. People were sleeping in the room, there had to be somebody there. Somebody who could help me. Somebody who could help Merlin.

Not bothering to knock, I stumbled into the room. 

"You two, find the knights of the Round Table, or at least one of them, please. Tell them their king is back. Tell them to meet... This evening in the meeting room. Tell them it's war, and we need to-" I was too weak. Everything went black.

Author's Note: Wow, I do love all the follows and votes this story is getting, but the things that really make my day are the comments. I really do love the comments you awesome people give me! 

So, here's my deal: I want at least five comments on this chapter before I continue. Comments meaning real comments. Review the story, tell me what you like, what you don't like, what you're thinking, what you're feeling. Tell me what you thought was funny, what you thought was sad, what you thought was neither. Please don't just tell me to continue! Anyone who comments the way I just told you to will get a dedication on an undedicated chapter, and will contribute to getting the next chapter sooner.