Chapter 8: His Highness, Obsolete

“Hoheo taralna rondero tarel. Hoheo taralna rondero tarel.”

Claude’s golden orbs once again appeared in the Earl’s dream whilst a chant echoed in the background. It was soon cut short as he awoke with a painful throbbing on his stomach. The sheets crumpled on the bed because of Alois clutching the wound beneath his bloodied bandages.

“Pardon, Master. I’ll change your bandages if you allowed me to.”

Alois glared at his concerned maid and pulled her collar towards him. He twisted the bandages from her hands and tighten it around her neck.

“You aren’t any of use to me! Get out and call Claude.”

Hannah didn’t dare question her master in fear of getting punished more. “Yes. Certainly, Master I’ll call him at once.”

Alois released Hannah and watched her tremble as she went out of the room. He collapsed on the bed in exhaustion.

I’ve seen eyes like those. Eyes that make your skin burn.
He remembered the golden eyes of his butler. Those eyes that pierce right through his soul sending different floods of emotion to play with his heart.

“Excuse me, Master. Might I change your bandages?”

Alois sat right up and smiled with glee at the sight of Claude. He didn’t bother to cover his naked body with the blankets thinking he’d seduce Claude this time. Being the heartless demon that Claude is, there was no desire he felt. He simply kneeled down in front of the Earl and changed his bandages.

“That brat! He could’ve done a better job at stabbing me.”

“Indeed. He used more force than he could exalt. If he could’ve been calm, he would have managed to stab you with a deeper wound.”

“Interesting. The way you say that sounds you wish he had,” the blonde teased.

Claude looked up at him with his emotionless face and trailed his gloved fingers on his stitched up wound. Alois could feel himself getting giddy from being touched ever so slowly. He held his breath when he thought Claude’s hand would further down. Sadly, he didn’t. He retracted his fingers to push up his glasses.

“No. It’s just a clumsy wound that’s all.”

“Claude, do you fancy the smell of my blood? Does it make you want to feast?”

Claude’s lips curled into a slight smile which surprised Alois.

“Yes.” He then stood up, bowed, and left the room.

“A smile from Claude?”
Alois laid back on the bed and gripped the sheets tightly. It wasn’t a genuine smile, it was a smile out of pity. It could only mean one thing- Claude was lying to him again.
“That’s… sickening.”
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~
“You’re out of bed.”

Hannah stopped mopping the floors when Alois stood in front of her. There was a presence of anger surrounding him. He walked towards the dumbfounded maid in small steps and tackled her on the floor. He panted heavily. The stitches on his wound have parted. And soon, tears rolled down his eyes.

“Take me. I-I need to see Ciel Phantomhive.”

Hannah nodded. In pity, she carried the Earl to the carriage. Even though he is the master of this house, he was still a helpless fragile child.

Alois crawled onto the soft couch in the carriage and placed his hand over his wound.

“Don’t worry, Master. I’ll be quick as possible.”

Panting and sweating heavily, Alois fell asleep.
~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°
When he awoke, the carriage was skidding into a full stop. It crashed onto a tree making Alois groan in pain.

“Hello!” A redheaded stranger was sitting right next to him waving her hands. Her teeth were razor sharped when she smiled which made Alois wonder.

“Who are you?”

“I hate to skip introductions but you’re going to die tonight.”

Alois was taken aback but reassured himself the stranger must be a lunatic. She took something from her breast pocket and opened it.

“Ah, let’s see Jim Macken. What a dreary name. But you see there’s a tiny-teensy issue with your soul.”

The roof of the carriage started to come off. Hannah’s fingers burst through it. She seemed to be pulling it off.

“Ugh. This looks bad.”

The roof finally broke off revealing Hannah.

“A demon. I knew it! You’re not just a pretty face, are you?”

Alois was already annoyed with the said lunatic. “Hannah, kill this ginger, won’t you?”

“Bloody little brat!” she said.

Hannah jumped up with incredible height to crush the carriage down. Alois made his escape.

“I don’t want to fight I just want to-“ Grell tried to reason with her but was cut off as the carriage crumbled. She frowned and took out her death scythe.

“Ugh. I better be paid overtime for this.”

Alois’ knees buckled for his wound worsen. Nevertheless, he continued to crawl. The ground became strained by his blood. His eyes twinkled with tears for he yearned his beloved butler.

“C-Claude…”

The memories of how he mistreated Claude in the past flashed through his mind.

“Don’t look at me! You all make me sick. Damn demon… You’re just like him!”

Alois had thrown a vase across the room. The water spilled onto Claude’s jet black hair. He smoothed his hair back and bowed.

“Yes, Your Highness.”
Alois planted his fists on the table.

“Don’t say that!”

Claude bowed once again and left his master to cool down.

“Yes, Your Highness,” Alois muttered remembering Luka.

“I changed my mind. Say it, Claude. Now!”

“Yes, Your Highness.”

Alois also remembered slapping Claude once. It left a reddish mark on his perfect face. It brought him to spill more tears.

“Would you do anything to obey me? Are you my pet? My loyal dog?”

“I simply abide by our contract. I’ll make one hell of a feast out of your soul. That is all.”

Alois was already close to the Phantomhive manor.

“Then show me those eyes. Not the eyes of the villagers who looked as if they’ve seen a pile of vomit. Not the old man’s greedy inflamed eyes. But look at me like you did that day. Like I’m all you cared about, please Claude,” he cried out.

Alois finally gave up and rest on a tree.

“He’s simply hungry. I know that for sure. My feelings are nothing more than a poorly made sauce clouding the flavor. But, I’m here now.” He smiled sadly feeling the tears pooling on his eyes.

A wolf made its way towards Alois. It sniffed the blood on the ground and presumed to attack him. The poor child only closed his eyes. The wolf’s plans to devour him failed when Claude smashed its head with his hands. The blood splattered everywhere including on Alois’ small face.

“What are you doing, Your Highness?” asked Claude, tossing the dead wolf aside.

Alois felt such happiness upon seeing Claude. He rescued him from danger once again.

“Your goal is incomplete. You do not have Ciel Phantomhive yet.”

Alois crawled on all fours and looked up at Claude. In his perspective, Claude was now his god- his highness. And he doesn’t care anymore if Claude had betrayed him. Perhaps if he made himself pathetic as a lovesick slave in front of Claude, he would finally love him.

“That’s it. You’re all that I have!”

“What do you mean, Your Highness?”

“You’re all that I have left in my world!”

Claude couldn’t help but to laugh at the child kneeling down by his feet.

“Come now, Master. Don’t say such ridiculous things.”

Alois cried more and hugged the leg of his butler tightly, not wanting to lose him.

“Hoheo taralna. You can’t leave me. Not ever… not you! Please, Claude. Don’t you know? I-I think you’re my highness.”

Claude smiled and kneeled down to cup the delicate face of his master. Alois blushed. Being inches away from Claude’s lips was overwhelming.

“What a thing to say to a mere butler.” He wiped off his tears.

Claude inched closer

Claude inched closer. Alois thought that Claude would kiss him and he leaned closer as well. But then…

Darkness greeted him.

Claude crushed Alois’ head and let go of his body not feeling a hint of remorse.

“Calling you my master was a burden. You don’t deserve being a master, Jim Macken.”
Claude said his original name with such distaste.

Claude took Alois’ ring and somehow managed to trap his soul inside. The red gem grew brightly as if Alois was trying to escape.

“But don’t worry, Master. You’ll never be alone. I’ll use you to get Ciel Phantomhive. I’ll keep you.”

He tucked it in his breast pocket. With one last glare at Alois’ sprawled body, Claude proceeded to fulfill his devious plans.

(I killed Alois again ;-; Sorry not sorry

(I killed Alois again ;-; Sorry not sorry. I apologize for not being able to update. I just have braces on and it’s killing me! Anyways, until next time, my poptarts!)