Chapter 2: His Highness, the sweetest

I woke up next morning with an empty stomach. Claude was in his usual duty of making me morning tea. I yawned and sat up, forgetting I was still naked.

"Good morning, Your Highness. I have prepared New Moon Drop for you today."

He handed me the tea and I took a sip.

"Oh, what's this?" Claude said, leaning down towards me. His face was only a
few inches from mine.

"You somehow forgot to dress up."
He took off his tailcoat and placed it around me. I lightly blushed and I turned away from him. He dressed me in my usual clothes. As he put on my favorite black shorts and I held onto his shoulder for balance, I began to think of nice things I would do for Claude to make up for my behavior last night.

-----------------------------------
"Your Highness, I apologize for my inability to be gentle last night," Claude whispered to my ear as he carried me to my study room.

I rolled my eyes and gave him a soft punch on the chest. We reached the study room and he put me on my chair.

"You're dismissed. Take a walk outside," I said.

"Pardon?"

"You won't come back as I say so."

Without another word, Claude left the room. I started to write a list of the things I love about him. This seemed to go on for hours because I couldn't put my love for Claude into words.
Finally, I was satisfied for my work and sealed the list with a scented rose I've chopped off from my garden yesterday. Next, I wanted to make a cake for Claude. Even if he won't understand the taste of it because of his demonic nature, I'm sure he'd appreciate it.

I stood up but landed on the floor with a thud, forgetting my back pain. I held back a yelp, not wanting to alarm my other servants. I made my way quietly downstairs and began to work.
After making the cake, I plan on putting it on the dining table for me and Claude to share as a snack. But my wobbly legs failed me and I dropped the precious Victoria sponge cake. All my efforts gone and wasted. This time I couldn't hold my frustration anymore. I gave a loud scream along with a wail. Claude barged in the room to see me bathing in white cream and melted chocolate.

"Your Highness!" He hurried to my side and cupped my face in his hands.

"I just wanted to make it up to you because of last night. But it seems I failed again, Claude." I started to cry in anger and disappointment.

All of a sudden, Claude smiled. A smile from Claude? All I could do was to stare at the lovely curves of his lips. He licked the icing on my cheeks with his long tongue.

"Master, there is no need for you to make amends for a mere butler like me

"Master, there is no need for you to make amends for a mere butler like me. No matter what you do, I will always desire your soul."

I know I'm just food for him, but somehow I feel wanted with those words.

I feel loved.

"Claude..."

He smiled once again and wiped the tears from my eyes with his fingers. He noticed a fallen strawberry on my shorts and picked it up.

"A strawberry-fallen and forgotten. But it's still desirable just like you."

My cheeks heated up and Claude pushed the strawberry gently on my lips. I opened my mouth and swallowed it. Claude ruffled my hair and placed a kiss on my forehead.

"There, there all better now, Master?"
I slowly nodded and Claude picked me up. I nuzzled my nose on his neck as he stroke my back, placing gentle kisses on my neck.

"Let's get you clean up."

-----------------------------------
Day turned into night and I couldn't help but ponder on the sudden change of Claude's attitude. It is so out of character for him to respond to any of my complains or be concerned at all.

"Claude, tell me. Will you always stay by my side?"

Claude sat at my bed and turned to look at me. "As long as the contract resides, I will always be with you, Master. Until the day comes when I can consume your soul."

"Won't you ever abandon me? Won't you ever betray me?"

Claude leaned in and pecked my lips.
"Such thoughts had never crossed my mind, Your Highness. I am bound to serve you faithfully without any hesitation until the end."

His relaxing voice lulled me to sleep. I felt him covered my body with the blanket.

"Good night, Your Highness."
I heard the door close followed by a sound of footsteps. Before I could completely succumb into sleep, the list that I made for Claude crossed my mind. I even forgot where it was. Now Claude won't ever know the things that I love about him.

I don't care anymore because I am very certain that Claude indeed does love me.
And I know he will never ever leave my side nor betray me. Luka, I think I have found My Highness and I will forever serve him with all my heart.