"Well, let's just enjoy this weekend and worry about the traveling afterwards," I responded. Justice nodded his head and went back to texting on his phone.

***

When we arrived in LA, my dad was there to pick us up and take us to the house. He looked in good shape as always but you could tell something was on his mind.

"So glad to get off that plane. I hate sleeping in the chairs," I said as I set my bag down on the bed in my old room. It was the same way that I left it. Yellow green walls and light brown carpet. My cheerleading and softball trophies hung on the various shelves I had and my flat screen tv was still on the wall.

"I know. You say that every time you come here," my father said while laughing.

I laughed with him. "How's work and everything?"

My father paused. "It's going pretty well. We're gonna go to your favorite pizza place tonight."

I jumped up and down like a little kid. From the minute I could eat pizza, I loved it. When I lived in LA before moving to New York, my parents, Justice and I ate at our favorite pizza place once every two weeks. Eventually, we just went every time me or Justice came to see my dad.

"How's Javon?" My father asked.

I smiled as I thought about my baby. "We're really good. We argue some times but every couple does that."

"He don't hit you right?"

I rolled my eyes. "Dad, you know Javon would never hit me."

"Just checking. It don't take nothing to go to New York and whip his ass," my father said with his hands up in defense.

"Trust me, I would get to him before you buy your plane ticket," I replied.

"There's that bad ass temper," my dad mumbled.

"Where I get it from?" I asked with my hands on my hips.

"Your mother," he responded with a smile.

I smiled at him when he said that. I really missed my mother.

"Let's go downstairs and see what Justice is doing," he said.

I nodded and followed him downstairs. Once we got downstairs, we heard a knock on the door. I told my father to go in the living room while I get the door.

Opening it, I saw my two favorite aunts.

"Hayden baby! I missed you so much," my Aunt Zora said as she wrapped her arms around me. Aunt Zora was brown skin with these deep ass dimples. My grandmother has dimples but not as deep as Aunt Zora.

"I missed you too," I said, hugging her back.

"Don't forget me," my Aunt Yvonne said as she came to give me a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"I could never forget you." Aunt Yvonne was the youngest. She had dimples and brown skin too.

"Samuel!" Aunt Zora yelled for my father.

"Zora, relax yourself. Always coming in my house yelling like you lost your mind," my dad said as he came into the foyer.

Aunt Zora just rolled her eyes. "Where's Justice?" Aunt Yvonne asked.

"I'm right here," he said, coming to where we were. He and our aunts exchanged hugs.

"Boy, you got a mustache and all. You still with that girl?" Aunt Zora asked.

"Yeah," Justice said while smiling.

"Come on. Let's go play catch outside. Show me how to throw the football," Aunt Yvonne said as she grabbed his and my father's arms to pull them towards the back door. She was that type of aunt. The one you could do crazy things with or talk to about anything. That's how Aunt Zora was too.