Rhiannon: Chapter 9

Start from the beginning

'I bet you still don't know who Amelle's dad is because you and I both know it isn't Trey.' Auntie Carla said to my mum.

'Yeah you're right, it's not Trey. It's Cameron.' My mum said and I froze. Trey wasn't my dad? Why wasn't I told earlier? Why was mum lying to me? I ran out of the house and slammed the door shut as a tear rolled down my cheek and carried on walking keeping my head down until I got to the park. I saw Theo sitting on a bench with his back towards me and I quickly took out my mirror and wiped my tears away. I carried on walking until I got to him and he looked up at me blankly, I sat next to him in an awkward silence. I noticed he looked like he'd been fucked up really badly and opened my mouth to say something but he beat me to it.

'When were you going to tell me?' He asked.

'Tell you wha-'

'Don't fucking play about man I'm not in the mood, you weren't gonna tell me you aborted my child, nah?'

'I was just not-'

'You're just like your mum you know Amelle.' That got me pissed. I knew I was turning out like her but I didn't need to hear it from Theo. He was 16 nearly 17 so why was he sleeping with a 14 year old? He couldn't chat.

'Is it not my decision what I want to do with this baby?' I said, he kissed his teeth and screwed me.

'Don't give me that shit man that's my baby too and you went and killed it! Without telling me!'

'I'M 14 DO YOU REALLY THINK I WANT A BABY?'

'You should have thought about that before opening your legs for me init. You would do anything I wanted you to Amelle, dirty gunge.' With that he walked away, it felt like he was constantly slapping me in my face and there was nothing I could do. I didn't want to go back home so I sat down in the park for another hour but saw Trey running through the park, he looked back at me as he was running. He stopped in his tracks and jogged over towards me and sat down on the bench.

'Amelle, are you alright?' He asked.

'Does it really matter? You're happy that you're not my dad aren't you?' He kept silent and I sighed.

'I thought as much.'

'Its not your fault Amelle, it's your mum. I wanted a baby with Vanessa and she tried to pin you on me.'

'You could have at least shown me some affection no wonder why I turned out like I did.'

'Don't blame me for that, I'm not even your dad.'

'Thank you, just keep reminding me.' I kissed my teeth and started walking out of the park, he didn't give two shits about me but it was okay I didn't need him, Theo or anybody. I was sure that pill didn't work as I'd been throwing up constantly so I'd have to take another test to check it. I finally got up and walked to the bus stop, I waited for ages and it was flipping cold! I saw Malik approaching the bus stop looking depressed. Lately, he just looked like his mind was elsewhere.

'Malik.' I said to him, he looked at me blankly and then continued walking. What was wrong with everyone? I sighed and got on the bus once it came. I got off at the chemists and bought a pregnancy test, those things were so fucking expensive for something you would piss on, literally. I paid for it and then left and went back home, I unlocked my front door and my mum came out of the front room. She gave me a weak smile and I looked back at her blankly.

'Amelle, I'm sorry you had to find out like that love-'

'I don't even care anyway, its not like my dad's gonna suddenly come into my life.'

'But it does matter Amelle, you have a right to know who he is-'

'Well you didn't know because you couldn't keep your legs closed!' Fuck that wasn't supposed to come out. Her eyes started becoming teary and she walked back into the front room slamming the door shut in my face. I shrugged it off and went upstairs to the bathroom. I did my thing and waited patiently for the test result. I sat down on the floor with my back against the bath and tapped my fingers against the tiles whilst I waited. It seemed to drag on forever I just needed ONE word.