Rhiannon: Chapter 9

Start from the beginning

'Well when did you find out?'

'Only two days ago, I was going to tell her just at the right time.'

'There never is a right time with you Vanessa.' I shook my head and she rolled her eyes and then left the room to get us both drinks, we caught up for a while and she burst into tears once I mentioned Omar.

'Vanessa that was 14 years ago! We all need to move on.'

'Do we? Amelle is going to be 15 soon and you know occassionally she asks about him and I can't stop blaming Melissa for his death.'

'She's dead too! Move on! It's about fucking time everyone stopped thinking about it.'

'Its hard when someone you love dies, Carla.'

'I know that but we haven't got mum around anymore have we?' I noticed the time was 4pm and I was sure he must have already been to my flat and seen Krystal. Just on time my phone beeped and I saw a text from her.

Come back now plz.

I drained the rest of my drink and stood up straightening out my skirt and top, Vanessa looked at me and frowned.

'Where you going now?' She asked.

'I need to go home, Krystal needs me.'

'She's back? Since when?'

'I don't exactly know myself but not long, I'll be round soon.'

'I'll come and visit you-'

'NO. There's no need for that. I'll call you.' And with that I quickly ran out of her house and took the bus back to my estate. Did I really want Vanessa coming around this area and seeing the state I lived in? She'd be even more ashamed. I jogged up the flights of steps as quickly as I could and unlocked my flat door, the other door was already open and my things were thrown all over the floor. I stepped over books, magazines, clothes and papers until I got to my front room where I saw Krystal with a ripped top and her shorts on inside out sitting on the sofa shaking slightly. I put on my most surprised face and sat next to her.

'Krystal...what happened?' As though I didn't know. He hadn't found all of his money so he took what he could and took advantage of Krystal.

'S-Some man came looking for you...money.' I nodded and she wiped a tear that had just fallen away and sniffed.

'He didn't find all of it so he asked me where it was.' I nodded for her to continue and she started crying harder.

'He raped me Carla! Just because he couldn't find your money! He thought I was lying, I told you me living here was a bad idea!' I pulled her in for a hug and sighed. I'd purposely gotten my best friend into trouble just so I could avoid him and get away safely.

'Did he leave a name babe?'

'Yeah...Stephen.' I clenched my jaw and rubbed her back for her to stop crying but she couldn't and guilt was slowly building up inside of me...

AMELLE'S VIEW

I vomited once more in the toilet once I came back upstairs from seeing my Auntie. It had been years and she hadn't called, visited or anything infact I'd forgotten about my family seeing as it was just me and my mum all the time. I flushed the toilet and washed out my mouth, the affects of the pill I'd taken at the clinic were making me sick. I was hoping that it had already done its job and I hadn't threw the pill back up. I sat down on my bed and rubbed my stomach sure there was still something there but kept it from everyone apart from Jamelia. She'd been acting dodgy these days so in ways I regretted telling her incase she used it against me. I saw a text from Theo telling me to meet him in the park straight away. I grabbed my shoes and coat and started walking down the steps but stopped once I heard shouting from the front room.