Whole

"Dammit I have places to be!" I growled as I punched my steering wheel. Today was the day.. The day I'd be able to seem him again.. Them again.. and I was stuck in this goddamn  line of cars..

I was at Vincent's school, attempting to pick him up.. But this kid had tripped a little on the way to his car and scrapped his knee a bit.. Though this was 15 minutes ago and he was still sitting on the ground letting out pitiful sobs.. Curse me for being insensitive but A. The only kid I love is my own.. and B. It doesn't take 5 adults and a first aid kit to console a whining child who refuses to walk because of his "Broken Knee"...

Vincent was never like that.. Yes he'd fall down and hurt himself but after a few sniffles and an affirmation that he was alright, he was back to playing in an instant.. Bumps and bruises would never slow a child of mine..

Finally the child was able to stand back up and walk again, why the parent didn't just pick him up in the first place was beyond me.. But the line of cars was up and moving again. So it wasn't long until my back door was being yanked open enthusiastically by my little ball of energy.

"Drive mama, drive!" He yelled, bouncing in his seat as he buckled up.

"Well I can't with all these people stopped around me son.." I laughed, handing him a bottle of water.

"We'll tell them to go! I get to meet my dad today!" He said, watching out the window expectantly at the cars around us.

"I know how you feel love.." I said with a smile. He huffed in frustration as he looked away from the window and started digging in his bag, pulling out a dog treat for Aegis who was laying calmly in the floorboard.

"Oh! Mama look!" He said as he tossed Aegis his treat and started digging though his bag again. The cars around me started to move again and I sighed in relief. I then felt papers being pushed on to the console between the two front seats. "I was writing letters to daddy today.. Just like you!" He said happily. "But don't read them! They're only for him!" He said suddenly with anxiousness, taking back his papers. I felt tears burn the back of my eyes at the sweetness of the sentiment..

"Your daddy will love them sweetheart.." I said softly, looking at his big smile in my rear view mirror.

As the guard opened the door to the only room without bars in the windows, my heart was trying to pound its way out of my chest.. I swear it took hours for it to completely open.. This first person I see, across the room from me.. Staring down at his hands, anxiously tapping his foot, is my husband..

For a moment I could only stare.. It was almost strange to not have bullet proof glass separating us.. He hadn't noticed the door had opened, just as I was about to call his name, my sons voice rang out.

"Daddy?" He called into the room, all of the many former inmates looked up at him, including his father, who's face lit up when he saw who had spoke.. and before I could even say which one was Vincent's father, he was already in a dead sprint towards Dennis.

"Oh my god.." I heard him whisper as his son threw himself into his arms, I watch as a man who barely ever let loose a single tear, break into sobs as he hugged his child into his chest, burying his face into his small shoulder..

I made my way over to them as Dennis held Vincent back to look at him. He cupped his tiny face in his hands and brushed locks of his fly away hair out of his eyes. I crouched on the floor next to them, tears filling my eyes as well..

"Why are you sad..?" Vincent asked, almost sounding broken hearted..

"Sad? Sad, I'm not sad.. I'm just.. in just so happy to see you.." Dennis said, brushing his thumb against Vincent's cheek. He then turned to me, standing up abruptly and taking me with him.
"Oh Luis.." He whispered, his voice trembling, as he pulled me into the most passionate, mind-numbing kiss I had ever received..

His hands where tangled in the hair behind my neck, pulling me as closely to him as he could.. His lips retreated but franticly kissed along my cheek until he pulled me into a hug.. Burring his face in my hair..

I rubbed his back, swaying us side to side. "Come on let's get you out of this hell hole.." I said, pulling myself away from him, taking his hand in mine as a guard escorted us out once again.

As we made our way out into the small parking lot Dennis looked at me questioningly. "Where's Aegis?" He asked, a smile turned up my cheeks when as if on queue, we heard frantic, whiny barking coming from a silver Prius not too far from us..

I clicked the button on the fob to unlock the doors, watching as Vincent ran up to one of the back doors, getting ready to pull the handle. "Go ahead, let him out Vin!" I called, and he happily obliged, unleashing whining beast.

Aegis sprang out of the car at lightning speed, bolting straight at Dennis, who crouched down to his level. The force of his tail wags shook his entire body, he licked at his masters face, circling him a couple times and stopping only for a minute to wiggle around in his arms, falling on his back so Dennis could rub his belly.

"Aegis missed daddy too!" Vincent said with a sweet giggle, coming to stand next to me. We watched as Dennis stood back up, giving Aegis the command to get back in the car, which he happily obeyed. All of our little family piling into the car after him.

"Daddy! I made this for you!" Vincent said from the back seat, handing Dennis his letters.

~*~

When we had gotten home Vincent ran around the house trying to show Dennis everything, so Dennis played along like he had never seen it before, acting amazing and transfixed at everything he had to show him.

Then before he went to bed he wanted Dennis to read to him until he fell asleep..

I laid in bead, in a silky night gown waiting for him to be finished. Suddenly the door came open and the man of the hour walked in, sighing tiredly and giving me a sweet smile. He then made his way over to me, slipping off his house shoes as he climbed into bed, not even pulling the covers over him as he laid himself down on top of me, nuzzling his face into my chest.

"He's wonderful.." He said, tightening his arms around my waist.

"Yeah he's pretty great.." I said, tracing shapes into his back. He sighed happily and I could feel him starting to dose off.

"You know.. After being in that place for so long.. I'm never going to want to leave this bed again.. " He said with a slight laugh. He moved himself so that he was able to peck at my neck a little, he then propped himself up just enough so that he could look at my face, running his thumb gently along my cheek bone.

In that moment, our eyes locked and our bodies pressed as close as they could be.. I felt his every breath, and the faint beat of his heart.. He was here with me.. Once again after everything we had endured together.. And in this moment, for the first time in my life, I felt completely whole...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hello hello!! Well here we are! The last chapter of this story! I may on occasion post a couple little sweet one shots I think of after this but here's the end to the main story arc! I hope you all enjoyed it I've loved reading all of your comments and feedback it just makes my day to hear from you guys!! I love you all so so much! Thank you all so much for reading! ☆〜(ゝ。