Once Again

My memory only came in peaces of the many hours that came before this.. Screaming, the sound of frantic tennis shoes on tile floors, the intense focus on the feeling of Dennis' hand in mine to keep me conscious though the pain..

But now all of that was over, and I was starring at the little pink face of the baby, sleeping soundly in my arms. The silence in the room only being disrupted by Dennis' sniffs. His arm pulled away from mine to wipe his glasses.

"I'm sorry.." He said with a slight puff of laughter. "I just can't seem to stop crying.." He said giving a true ear to ear smile as he looked down at our son. It was rare before now to see him smile like this.. But he practically hadn't stopped smiling since they first laid this baby in my arms hours ago..

But a bliss like this is never meant to last..

There was a sudden, forceful knock at the door, and before we could even answer two large police men and a team of nurses bust through the door, startling the sleeping baby in my arms and causing him to let out an ear ripping shriek..

"Mr. Crumb.. You're coming with us.." One officer said very seriously, my stomach lurched, one nurse took my baby from my arms. The others holding  onto my arms to keep me from fighting.

The room was filled with screams once again..

He begged them.. Pleaded with them that he had a family.. A child that he hadn't even gotten to hold.. They had no remorse, they just cuffed him and drug him away like an animal..

My life.. My love.. My happiness was being drug away from me by strange men in uniforms once again.. I was held back against my will once again.. I was that little girl once again.. Wet sticky tears falling down my neck and drenching my face..

I saw a nurse connect a new tube to my I.V... cuffing my arms down to the hospital bed.. The world started getting fuzzy.. The last thing I remember before darkness took me..

Was the sound of my voice.. Screaming for the man I loved..