D.I.D.

My eyes flickered open to see that the bed across from me was empty. I jumped up with a start, afraid that the two girls had been taken while I was asleep. I let out a sigh of relief when I saw that they were just pressed against the sodden door, listening.

I slowly creeped over to them, crouched low. Claire looked at me and whispered, "There's a woman outside.. I think she's arguing with the man who took us.."

I peered though the crack to see the bottom of a maroon blouse, a skirt and high heals. I couldn't make out what the voices were arguing about but the woman seemed very distressed.. "Are they in here..?" I actually hear her ask. The girls jump.

"Yes! Yes we're in here!" They yell simultaneously, banging on the door. I threw myself back and stood up, putting a good distance between me and the door.

"No! Don't go in there!" I hear a mans voice yell as the door swings open to reveal a shocking surprise.

Our captor, is standing in the doorway, dressed in woman's clothing.

I read his body language, his shoulders have dropped, he stands tall and proud with his fingers laced in front of him.

This wasn't the man from before.

"Don't you worry.." She says. "I've talked with him.. He's not allowed to touch you.." She says in a perky voice. Her eyes tell that she is forcing her kind, gentle manor.. "Mm Mm.." she shakes her head. "He's not well.." She whispers to us like he's standing right behind her.

I knew what this was.. My heart leapt a moment but then I remembered.. My brother would have been much older.. He also had Brown eyes, and dark freckles..

The figure turned on her heal and left the room, she has said something else but it has slipped passed me. I heard the sound of keys jingling in a lock.

I saw the two girls looked at me in disbelief out of the corner of my eye. I was still stuck in my thoughts.. "D.I.D...." I mumbled under my breath.

"..What..?" Claire said, fear shaking her voice.

"Dissociative Identity Disorder.. I think that's what we just learned about our captor..

Only Happy Accidents (A Split Love Story) #wattys2017जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें