Chapter 19 - The Jay Newman

Goal: 50 reads & 20 votes

   The weekend passed by uneventful and slow, truly a drag-on. But I enjoyed it because it was mainly me and Keith while Will was out doing who knows what.

   Kind of like how we are now. This morning when we woke up, he insisted on taking me to the mall in thanks for helping him clean and repair his wounds, which I would have done anyway wether he liked it or not.

   But I tried to tell him that we didn't need to go, but he gave a warning look and proceeded in getting ready. At that point I knew that there was no point in protesting anymore, so I just lazily got up and got ready, placing on a baggy black hoodie and ripped-at-the-knee jeans. Then I slipped on my black high top converse and laced them; I placed my hair in a messy ponytail, small wisps flying here and there, but I ignored them and walked out of the room.

   And that's how we ended up here in H&M looking for cute stuff for spring and summer. Every once in a while, we would receive a few glances from teen guys and girls. i wonder if they recognized us... probably not, but there's like a thirty percent chance that they did.

   Although why would I care, we aren't doing anything to them, just minding our own business. One of the closest malls was Park Meadows, so we just settled on going here, and besides, theres like a thousand different suppliers in this place. Nordstrom, Dillard's, Macy's, and JCPenny were all here too, they were some of my favorite places to shop for clothes at.

    Keith seemed to find some stuff too because when I came out of the fitting room at Rue 21 he was looking at some nice short sleeve shirts in the men's section. Sometimes I wondered if we went here for me, or him? But, honestly I didn't care at all. I was having fun either way.

   When I walked out to him, settling on an Aztec patterned blue shirt that had the sleeves down the arms, leaving the shoulders bare.

   I paced toward the cashier and seconds later Keith came to my left, placing down a few shirts. Some were button up plain shirts and one was a stripped blue and white shirt that had longer sleeves, and a pair of jeans.

   The cashier gave Keith looks. Not of disgust, but of interest, she was clearly swooning, but I couldn't blame her honestly. If I were in here position, I would be too.

   "That will be seventy eight dollars." She says, taking her gaze away from Keith for a split second then returning it, her eyes were glued to him. It made me laugh a little inside. I had nothing to be jealous about because the girl was around twenty-twenty one. I'm a horrible age guesser but she seemed to be two or three years older than us.

   But it didn't really matter because after Keith payed, he took my hand in his and led us in the direction of the exit.

   I was mad because I wanted to pay for this one, but I was too deep in stupid thought to even pay the littlest attention to what was going on around me, but I vowed to myself to pay for the next store. Although I've been saying this for the past five stores and Keith has payed... wow, I get distracted really, really easily.

   I was interrupted from my thinking process when Keith nudged me lightly in the arm. I shook my head to rid whatever random thought I was thinking about.

   "Did you hear me?"

  "I'm sorry, but what did you say?" Keith just laughs to himself, then repeats whatever he just said a minute ago when I clearly wasn't paying any attention to him and his beautiful voice.

    "I said, are you getting hungry? Because the food court is upstairs and we're near it."

   "Oh, yeah kind of." I say while readjusting my bags of clothes on y shoulder while Keith was effortlessly carrying his own, showing no visible signs of struggle while holding my hand.