Chapter 20

«Are you alright? What happened?»
Emma stood up with Lily's help and rubbed her aching back.
«I don't know... Magic, I guess.» she replied. She cautiously walked to the point from where she had been thrown away. She touched the air with a hand, until she met a dangerous blast of power. She pulled back her hand.
«Shit...»
«What happens?» her friend repeated.
Emma sighed and turned to look at her.
«There's a wall. We can't go in, and Regina's too far: even if I screamed, I doubt she'd hear me.»
«So what do we do now? Where's my mother?»
«Right! Your mother!» Emma exclaimed sneering «You're a genius, Lily! Maleficent!!!» she screamed at the top of her lungs.
Mal heard Emma's voice calling her, far away. The dragon was already flying, looking for preys. She turned, flapping her enormous wings in the wind, and she reached the princess in a few minutes. There was another girl with her, adn a barriera round Regina's castle. And there was no room for landing. She swooped down on them, turning into her human form just a moment before touching the ground. She layed her feet on the ground almost without a sound.
The girl was staring at her mouth-agape.
Emma smiled at her.
«It's her.» she only said before stepping back.
Maleficent gazed back at the girl. She approached her smiling.
«Lilith...» she said with trembling voice, her eyes full of tears. «... is that you?»
Lily stared at her mother, she barely smirked. She made a step forward.
«Mom?» she asked, shivering.
Without hesitating anymore the dragon hugged her daugther, letting her tears free to rush down her cheeks.
«Oh, Lilith... I looked for you for so long...»
The girl let her hug her and, after an initial confusion, she hugged her back.
«I was looking for you, too..» she was aventually able to say.
«I know, my dear, I know...» Mal hugged her tightier. «I came back from Wonderland, where I found out you were here...»
«And I came here because I knew you were here!» the younger woman exclaimed-
Maleficent laughed, the tears still falling from her light-blue eyes. She distanced from her to look at hr. She caressed her face.
«You're an adult...»
Lily laughed together with her.
«I know...» she replied drying her tears.
«We have to make up for lost time...» Maleficent turned to look at Emma, or so she thought, to thank her. But the girl was there no more.

Emma watched the two of them with a smile on her face. She then silently stepped back, leaving them alone. She went around the wall to give the two women the time and space they needed. She approached the wall of magic, oerceiving its vibrations on her skin.
«Regina...» she murmured. She gazed at the castle with sadness in her eyes, hoping to catch a glimpse of her, somewhere in the castle. She could feel her magic through the barrier. She missed her terribly.
«Emma...»
The princess turned abruptly, interrupting the contact with the barrier. She slightly blushed at Lily's stare.
«Why did she create the wall?» she asked to Maleficent with a sad look on her face.
The witch looked the girl in the eyes.
«She wants to stay alone. She doesn't accept my presence either...» she explained with bitterness.
Lily looked at her mother.
«Are you friends?» she asked, surprised.
Mal looked with embarass at her daughter.
«More or less...» she answered in a whisper.
Emma nodded and glanced at the castle.
«I'm sorry....» she said, lowering her gaze. « I didn't mean to involve you into this.»
«What does that mean?» Lilith spoke again. She had the feeling that they were hiding something from her. «Is there something I should know?»
Maleficent stared at her daughter, and embarassed smirk on her face.
«Regina and I have been lover for years...» she confessed, scared by her reaction. «.. but now it's over.»
Emma kept her eyes on the ground.
«If I vanish... I'm an obstacole for none, anymore.» she whispered.
Lilith goggled.
«What? You and Regina?» She then stared at Emma. «You fell in love with a woman who's been with my mother?»
Emma opened wide her eyes at Lily's words.
«Uhm...»
Maleficent glared at the princess.
«If you disappear, Regina won't survive.» she said before looking at her daughter. «I know, it's complicated...» she sighed.
«I can't believe it, that woman's a monster!» the guard shouted, looking at the mas if they were crazy.
«Lily, I can assure you, she's not. Don't trust what they say. They don't know what they're talking about.» Emma sadly replied, gazing at Maleficent then. «I don't think so.» She pointed at the castle. «She doesn't want to see me anymore.»
«Lily, dear, Regina's not a monster! Snow and James are, and Stephan!» the dragon said, looking at Emma then, exasperated. «Look, I'm not persisting in saving the life of my enemies' daughter!» she shouted.
«She killed hundreds of people, she held you captive!» Lily objected, shocked, talking to Emma. «She tortured you!»
Emma gave her a melancholic smile.
«I wouldn't say so...»
«That woman blinded you... What's so special about her?»
«Everything...» Emma murmured gazing down again. Lily clenched her fists, embittered, but stayed silent. «How long... Isn't there a way to contact her, somehow?» Emma then asked to Maleficent.
«I don't know... You can try to scream, from the other side, that's closer. But I don't know if she can hear you.» the woman idly answered. She then noted her daughter's mood, and put her arm around her shoulders. «Would you like to visit your home?» she asked her smirking.
Lily looked down.
«Alright.» she said, giving then Emma a glance. «Come with us...»
Emma stared at her, astonished. She then looked at Maleficent.
«No...» she smiled, frightened. «Your mother would eat me...»
Mal laughed at her words.
«Yes, I would...»
«She doesn't want you, come with us!» her friend begged her.
Emma approached Lilith and looked her in her eyes.
«Lily... you're my best friend. And we shall meet again, I promise... But now you have to stay with your mother. You have so much to tell each other...»
The girl sighed.
«Alright...» she capitulated, looking then at her mother. «We can go.»
Mal smiled at her daughter. She gave Emma a glare, then turned into a dragon, watching Lilith reaction. The gilr looked afraid at first, but then she relaxed.
Emma snnered at her noticing her expression.
«Jump on her back.» Emma incited her, watching them with her arms crossed under her breasts.
Lily smiled at her and managed to climb quikly on the dragon's back. Mal climbed a tree and soared from it, flying fast towards her castle.
Emma watched them fly for a few moments. She then gazed at Regina's castle. She tried to reach the place Maleficent told her about. The castle was closer from there, yes, buti t was still distant. She tried, anyway.
«Regina!» she yelled cupping her hands over her mouth.
She went on screaming her name repeatedly, even when her throat started to ache, and her lungs complained hurting.

Regina covered her ears. She didn't want to hear her voice. She didn't want to see her anymore. She didn't want to see anyone. Her mother would have been proud of her. Eventually, she did close her heart to feelings. Emma's voice came sweet to her ears, she couldn't let that kid destroy her completely. Anger rose inside her until it exploded, causing a earthquake that made the castle tremble. She hated that woman, she hated her and Maleficent.

Emma smirked seeing the castle shake. She heardher. She leaned a hand on her aching throat. She waited, But Regina didn't showup. She tried to yell her name again, but no sound exited her lips. She snortedand shook her head, leaning her nads on her hips. Her eyes opened wide when anidea crossed her mind.
She leaned her hands against the barrier, white light emanating from her palms.She didn't want to crush it, just to send a message. She fought Regina's power,hoping she would feel it. She closed her eyes to concentrate. She bent thewall, without breaking it, stepping ahead. She bent the barried again, changingits shape until, with a huge effort, she managed to arrive just a few stepsfrom Regina's window. There she stopped, sweated and panting, and gave the wallstability with a hint of magic.
«Regina! I don't mean to force you to do anything, I just want you to knowsomething!» she said with the hint of voice she had left. «You don't have toanswer, but please, let me just know if you can hear me. I love you, Regina. Idon't care what you did, I don't care about Lilith and Maleficen. I want you,no matter what!»

Regina felt her close. Her magic was strong, and she was very, very close. Shestood up from the bed and went to the window. She heard Emma, her words. Sheshook her head gritting her teeth.
«Liar.» she whispered. «You're a liar...» she repeated making the window explode.
Emma stepped back instinctively and covered her head with her hands to protectherself from the glass splinters. She did hear her. She grinned.
«You can even not believe me, but it's the truth. And it won't ever change.»
Regina showed, finally. She looked at her with hate.
«You need to get out of my castle. I don't want you, you're just a spoiledlittle girl, a princess who wants to be knight. But you're nothing.»
Emma frowned.
«I don't want to be a knight!» she objected, her tone a little bit too high. «Ijust want to be with you!»
«But I don't.» The queen eyed her with contempt. «I never did.»
«You're lying!» Emma shouted at her with anger. «I know you better than anyoneelse, Regina! And I would never hurt you!»
Regina gave her a devilish smile.
«Just because I let you satisfy my needs, it doesn't mean you know me...»
«You're forgetting that I don't know only this side of you, but also the sidethat none has ever seen! You can't deceive me anymore, Regina! I know you loveme, or I wouldn't be alive! You don't want to see me ever again? Then kill me,here and now! Let's end this!» the blonde screamed, full of anger, her facered.
The queen coldly laughed.
«And why should I end your torments?» she considered looking at her. «I like tosee you suffer.»
«Really? Then lock me in a cell and torture me! Everyone accuse you of doingit! Do it!»
«You bored me.» Regina slowly stepped away from her. «I have other toys now andI'm not wasting time with you.»
«See? You don't have the guts to do it!» Emma shouted, beside herself withrage.
«Think what you want.» the brunette replied harshly, turning her back at her.«Now, if you don't mind, I have a new prey to train...»
Emma felt a dart of jealousy pierce her heart, but she didn't give up.
«Fine! Do it, I don't want to take anything from you! Fuck Maleficent too, orwhoever you like! I just want to see you happy!»
«Don't mention that traitor!» Regina suddenly shouted. «She was disappointing,just like you!»
«Why are you keeping me away, Regina?» the blonde asked sweetening her tone.«What are you afraid of? I'm offering you all of me, all my life! I'm tellingyou to do whatever you want, even of me! What else am I to do to show you thatI do love you?»
«Nothing.» the queen whipered. « I want nothing. I never wanted you, leave mealone! I was happy without you!»
Emma stared at her in silence for a few seconds, short of breath.
«Then don't tell me not to get myself killed.» she said, turning to walk away.
«You made me weak.» Regina admitted before turning, wanting to go back insideher chamber.
Emma slowed for a moment hearing those words, then went back walking fasttowards George's castle Regina turned to look at her.
«Where are you going?» she asked. Emma couldn't hear her, already far away.Regina clenched her teeth, snorting, then she appeared in front of theprincess, stopping her.
Emma glowered at her.
«To grant your wish, Your Majesty..» she growled going past her. «You won't seeme ever again.»
Regina grabber her arm.
«You're not going anywhere.»
The blonde squirmed free of her grasp and glared at her.
«Tie me up in the dungeon if you want to stop me, it's the only way.»
«As you wish.» the brunette gloomily said. She vanished with her a purple cloudand they both materialized inside the dungeon. Emma looked around her, floored.She really did it. She layed her astonished gaze on her.
«You forced me, don't look at me that way.» the queen said with a little,elegant shrug.
«I didn't force you...» the blonde smiled.
«Yes. You did.» the woman replied right before vanishing behind her purplesmoke.