Chapter 16

Breathing hard, the dragon soared between the thick clouds that besieged the sky that morning, almost mirroring her mood. A slight tilt of her tail and she was gliding, surpassing the compact blanket, her black scales dampened by the world's moisture. Her green eyes started to catch a glimpse of the black peaks of the queen's castle.
She landed on the highest tower, climbing it then, finding a handhold with her mighty claws. As she arrived before the queen's chambers, she transformed into a woman, gracefully jumping on the wet balcony. The windown opened at her silent command. Maleficent went in, eyeing the black sheets, recognizing the curves behind them. Furtive, she went closer to the woman, silently closing the window with magic without waking her up. She crawled on the bed, careful to move it the less she could. She then rode Regina, started to delicately lick her neck.
The brunette smiled in her sleep. With her eyes still closed, she passed her hands between the woman's hair, moaning in pleasure as the other one went lower, going on kissing her through her nightgown's black silk. She licked her breasts through the fabric. Regina moaned louder.
«You don't waste any time...» she whispered with her voice drowsy keeping her eyes shut.

Maleficent held back a laughter. She kissed her belly and caressed her body. While she was kissing the woman under her she found herself thrown against the wall. She growled.
The brunette's eyes snapped open as she heard the hustle and she froze.
«Mal? What are you doing here?» she asked, looking the Emma with astonishment as she was holding Mal against the wall, chocking her. «Emma, calm down...» Regina didn't have the time to stand up that Maleficent threw the princess to the ground.
«How dare you, kid?» the dragon growled, furious.
«"Calm down"? She was... I'm gonna kill her!» Emma shouted standing up while a white luminosity was starting to spread from her hands.
Regina cut in, stopping Maleficent's advance.
«I thought it was you...» she tried to explain to Emma, looking in her eyes. «I didn't realize it was her, I was sleeping...»
«Is that supposed to make me feel better?» the girl asked, beside herself with rage.
Regina sighed.
«I was sleeping, and you often wake me up that way, so I didn't even open my eyes. I was sure it was you.» she repeated, turning then to face Maleficent. «Many things have changed since you're gone...» she said with a hint of embarass.
The witch glowered at her.
«I noted.» she commented in a growl.
«Oh, great! So for yoy it's the same if it's me or her!»
Regina went back staring at Emma.
«No! How could you even think...» she replied exasperated, rubbing her aching head. «I was just sleeping. I'm sorry.» She then turned again to look at Mal. «Mal... I imagine you're confused... I... don't know how to explain it..»
Maleficent gave Emma a stare full of hate before eying Regina.
«There's nothing to say, I got it all.» she said cooly, stepping back. «I made a mistake trusting you.»
«What the hell are you saying? You know well you can trust me!» the brunette replied with anger. «I let them catch me for you, to allow you to join your daughter! I won't let you treat me this way.» she spat walking to her.
«Catch?» Maleficent asked leaning forward. «Do you mean...?»
«Yes, exactly, she let them capture her for you, you idiot! I wouldn't be so jealous if you meant nothing to her! Adn you have no idea of what... She suffered for you, so that you had a chance to be happy!» Emma suddenly yelled marching to the witch, until she was just a few inches away frm her face that however towered on her because of the size difference.
Regina suddenly grabbed her hand to try to reassure her.
«Emma, calm down...» she murmured looking at her with worry.
The girl's words struck Maleficent. She stared at Regina, feeling terribly in debt with her. If she had been the Charmings' prisoner, she couldn't imagine how humiliated she had to be felt. And how much pain they did inflict on her, judging by the girl's face.
Regina stared back at her without talking. She broke the silence only when Emma's voice filled the room.
«Forgive me...» the young lady murmured gazing down.
Regina lifted her face with a hand.
«There's nothing I must forgive you. You protected me, as always.» she smiled at her caressing her face.
Maleficent looked away, nauseated by that display of love. Regina saw that.
«Emma...» she said squeezing her hand. «... could you give us a minute?»
Emma looked in her eyes. She sighed, the nodded weakly.
«Of course.» she said quietly. She kissed her. «I'll wait outside the room.» she added then, giving Maleficent a killer glance.
«Thank you... it won't take long.» Regina said smirking at her, watching her exit the chamber and close the door behind her. She then focused all her attention on Maleficent. Her face was contorted by the astonishment, but she managed to hide it quickly, staring back at Regina.
«I'm sorry...» she murmured. «I never wanted you to...»
The brunette sighed.
«It doesn't matter, you couldn't know it.» she said rubbing her arms to warm herself up a little. «I didn't think I'd see you again.» she continued, going closer to her.
«I couldn't find Lilith...» the woman explained sadly.
Regina approached her and leaned a hand on her shoulder.
«I'm sorry... I thought that with the bean... What happened?» she inquired, worried.
Maleficent shook her head staring at her with sadness.
«The bean worked. I went to Wonderland, where the two idiots sent her. But she wasn't there. I looked for her everywhere, I burned every flower of that damn place, but... Lilith wasn't there. Then I met Cora.» Her eyes changed: there was hope in them, but also fear. Much fear. «She told me that Lilith is here, not there. That she looked for me, so much that she found out I was here. Cora told her. So I came back here thanks to the hatter...»
Regina tensed hearing her mother's name.
«I'm sorry... But, if she's still here, we can find her.» she said after a moment.
«How?» the blonde asked, a veil of desperation to crack her voice. «She could be anywhere! And, if she was actually looking for me, how is it possible that she hasn't found me yet? Cora told me she went away years ago. What if something happened to her?»
«Hey...» Regina cupped her face in her hands. «Relax, we'll find her.» She smiled at her. «I'm sure that she's fine and we'll find a way... I made you a promise.»
Maleficent leaned against her, a tear sliding through her face.
«Thank you...» she whispered.
Regina wrapped her in her arms.