Chapter 13

Emma came running to the back of her parent's castle, pressing against the left side of her waist while she was running between the trees.
«Blue!» she yelled.
The fairy rushed to her aid, flying fast to her.
«Princess... what happens?» she asked, worried.
«Blue...» Emma fell to her knees and stretched her hand. «Help me, please!»
The fairy got closer to her, trying to understand what was happening.
«What happens?» she repeated, confused.
«Regina...» the blonde explained, her hand still stretched towards her. «... she almost killed me...»
«I knew it. We did warn you.» the woman commented with displeasure.
«Blue, please...» Emma murmured, lowering her head, tired.
The fairy, though, stopped mid-air. She became suspicious because of the lack of blood, and stepped back.
A moment later from the woods came a girl totally identical to the princess.
«Blue, get away from her! She's Regina! I'm the real Emma!» she shouted quickly approaching the two of them.
Emma gave her "twin" a surprised gaze.
«No! I'm Emma!» she replied.
The fairy looked at both of them, deeply confused, unable to understand who was lying.
After a few moments of bewilderment, though, she realized that one of them was holding something in her right hand. She recognized the bracelet she had used to take away the magic from Regina and so, sure that that one was Regina, she raised her wand and cast a spell on the other woman, the real Emma.
But the real Emma screamed seeing the ray of magic strike the woman she loved.
«No!» she shouted while, unconscoiusly, she vented her anger through magic, that hit the fairy before she could realize it and dazed her, throwing her to the ground. Emma then ran to Regina, calling her neame repeatedly. The woman didn't move, unconscious.
Emma turned to face Blue, furious. She approached her, grabbed the wand and put the bracelete on her wrist. Then she slapped her face, waking her up.
«What..?» the fairy muttered, confused, struggling to focus her.
Emma grabbed her shoulders.
«What did you do to her?!»
Blue stared at her. She noticed, out of the corner of her eye, the Evil Queen laying on the ground.
«It was supposed to hit you. You must stay away from her.» she coldly explained.
«What did you do to her?» the blonde asked again, shaking her.
«A memory spell.»
Emma gave her a confused stare.
«Well, undo it!»
The fairy looked at her with disregard.
«I can't.» she said. «It's permanent.»
Emma clenched her jaw trying to hold back the anger. She gazed at Regina, still unconscious, then Blue again.
«What does this spell do, exactly?»
«It was made for you, it was supposed to bring you back to when you didn't know the Evil Queen... so that you couldn't remember anything about her.»
«So what's gonna happen now?» the blonde asked, frowned.
The fairy sighed.
«I don't know. I think she'll forget about being the Evil Queen.»
Emma glowered at her.
«She'll forget herself...» she realized, rage in her eyes. She gazed down at the wand. «One last thing, Blue...» she looking back at her, her stare sharp as a blade. « Did my parents ask you to cast this spell on me?»
The fairy stared back at her.
«Yes. And, judging by your eyes, I see it was really necessary. I'm just sorry I hit the wrong person. Can't you see what that woman turned you into?»
The slap hit her suddenly, unexpected.
«Don't you dare, Blue!» the blonde exclaimed, furious, stepping then back. She gave a worried glance at Regina, then took a deep breath.
«Rumplestiltskin!» she said out loud, watching then the fairy.
«She's making you become like her, full of anger and hate!» she yelled at her. «You must go back being yourself!»
Emma gave her a dark look.
«I am myself.» she replied, turning then to face the black cloud appearing before her.
Rumplestiltskin greeted her with a laughter.
«You're efficient, dearie...» he commented, pleased, watching the wand with greedy eyes. Emma handed it to him.
«As agreed...»
«What are you doing?» the fairy shouted, shocked. «You can't give it to him! It's madness!»
The Dark One took the wand laughing.
«Excellent, dearie, excellent!» he exclaimed, satisfied. He then gazed at Blue, sneering. «Oh, come on, don't be mad.»
The fairy stood up.
«That wand doesn't belong to you!»
Rumplestiltskin grinned again.
«Now it does.» he said before disappearing.
Blue turned to look at Emma.
«You don't know what you've done...»
The princess approached her. She stared into her eyes while she took off the bracelet of her wrist.
«Now go.» she ordered. «Before I decide to kill you.»
The fairy moved her face closer to Emma's.
«There's nothing you can do. Come back to palace.»
«Go!» the girl yelled. The other woman gazed down and obeyed, defeated.
As the fairy was far enough, Emma ran to Regina. She tryed again to wake her up, uselessly. She then picked her up and walked away with her.

When Emma entered the castle, she was exhausted. She quicly went to Regina'schambers and leaned her gently on the bed. She was about to leave when sheheard her moan. She immediately walked back to her and squatted beside the bed,caressing her hair.
«Regina...» she softly said.
The brunette abruptly moved away form her.
«Who are you? Where am I?» she asked, frightened.
Emma pulled back and showed her her hands.
«Calm down, you're safe...» she replied, forcing herself to smile. «What do youremember?» she asked then, trying not to shake.
Regina looked around.
«Where am I? Where are my parents? This isn't my home...»
Emma sighed and gazed down. She held back the tears and tryed with all herselfto be strong. When she looked back at the brunette, she smirked.
«You're inside my castle. I found you in the forest, unconscious, during ahunting trip.» she lied, staring at her eyes.
«I... don't remember going in the forest... I was home...» the brunette replied, bothconfused and suspicious.
«I don't know what to say, my lady, you were laying on the ground, unconscious...perhaps, you hit your head?» the other woman hazarded.
«Maybe...» Regina agreed, watching her. Then she leapt up from the bed. «I want togo home now.»
«As you wish. I'll have someone show you there, but... you must tell me whereyour home is.» Emma objected, staying crouched.
Regina stopped in the middle of the room. She uselessly tried to remember.
«I... don't know. Why can't I remember anything?» she asked with fear.
Emma stood up.
«Calm down. You're safe here, I swear...» she tried to reassure her talking in alow tone, calmly.
«I don't know you... How do I know that you haven't kidnapped me and put a spellon me?» she said stepping away from her.
Emma bursted into laughter, even if with a hint of hysteria in her voice.
«Why should I?» She then decided to play it differently: she put her hands onher hips, pretending to be annoyed. «Do you at least know who I am?»
Regina was still stepping back, until she found the wall behind her.
«I... no, I don't.» she had to admit, a hint of fear in her eyes.
The blonde arched her eyebrows.
«My name's Emma. I'm the queen.»
Regina goggled at her, then rushed to bow to her.
«I'm sorry my Queen, I never meant to be disrespectful!»
Emma could barely hide a smile. She faked casuaness and waved her hand in theair.
«Stand up, there's no need... now. So, what's your name?»
The brunette slightly lifted her face, but avoided her gaze.
«Regina, Your Majesty.»
The blonde smirked, unable to hold herself from doing it.
«Call me Emma.» she said, a little too sweetly.
Regina kept her gaze low.
«No, Your Majesty, I'm not worth it...»
This time Emma burst into laughter, she couldn't help it.
«Well, I choose, don't you think? And I chose you are.»
Regina gazed up at her hearing her laugh.
«Alright, Your Majesty, as you wish.»
Emma smiled at her.
«I'll try to find your parents...» she lied. «...but I can't promise. It's a vastkingdom..»
«I'm aware, my Queen.» The brunette shyly smiled at her. «Thank you, you'revery kind.»
Emma gazed down and shrugged, forgetting her role, for a moment.
«A queen must serve her people.»
«I don't want to bother you more...» Regina said walking towards the door. «You'vebeen way too good with me.»
Emma gave her a confused stare.
«Where are you going?»
«I don't know.» the woman sincerely answered. «But I can't bother you anymore.»
«Stay!» the queen istinctively exclaimed, getting closer to her. «You... you haveno place to go. And, you're not bothering me, I can assure you. One can feelquite lonely in such a large castle... I'd be pleased if you'd stay.»
Regina pushed herself against the door when the woman approached her,intimidated.
«I... thank you, Your Highness.» she replied, bowing.
Emma immediately stopped walking seeing her fear.
«You don't have to feel obligated to stay, though. You're free to do as youwish. Just know that you can stay, if you want.» she said in a quieter tone, alittle sad.
Regina sighed. She felt out of place there, so she wanted to go. At the sametime, though, she had no place to go.
«If you don't mind, I'd like to stay, until I remember something or you'll gettired of me.»
Emma smiled, radiant.
«You can stay as long as you wish.»
«Thank you for your kindness.» the woman answered, a sweet smile on her lips.
Emma kept smiling, gawking at her. She had never seen her that way, with thatlook, with that smile.
Regina blushed noticing the queen's stare.
«Did I do something wrong, Your Majesty?»
Emma blinked and blushed.
«No, no, forgive me. You can use this room. And feel free to explore thecastle, please. I'll leave some guards to serve you.» she said, starting toleave.
«But this is your room!» the brunette objected. «I can't use it.»
«Oh, no, It's not mine.» the queen sincerely replied, smirking at her. «You canuse it, don't worry.» she continued with a hand on the corner of the door,turned to look at her.
Regina smiled at her.
«Alright, Your Highness.» she said bowing again. «Thank you, then.»
Emma smiled again at her before leaving the room. She quickly walked to anotherroom, way smaller than that one. She sat on the bed and took her head in herhands.
She suddenly bursted into tears. She lost everything she had so hardly builtwith her. The pain was devastating, but she couldn't give up. She was there, sodifferent, so innocent. And yet, she was still her.
Her Regina.