Chapter 12

«No!» Regina yelled seeing Emma sign the contract. She couldn't stop her though, and everything around them disappeared.
They materialized in her castle's throne room. Emma looked at Regina and put a hand over her arm.
«Are you alright?»
The brunette avoided her.
«No, I'm not, you idiot! Can't you do what's told to you for once?» she shouted at her.
Emma was floored by her rant.
«No.» she replied. «But I can send a messenger to Maleficent if you wish, even if I'd rather have him back in one piece, this time...»
«What the hell has Maleficent to do with this?» the woman asked, astonished. «Are you jealous of her?»
«If you'd like to leave.... Not that I want it, you know it...» she explained with a bit of embarass. «Otherwise, which I hope, I can have your room prepared, because...»
«The room?» Regina approached her menaciously. «Which room? Are you so naive to think that your parent won't come and look for us? That they'll stop wanting me dead? And Anway, if I'd ever choose to stay, I'd sleep in my room!» she shouted eventually.
«My parents can't come here!» the blonde replied staring back at her. «Marry me and they won't be able to touch you! Ever again!» she exclaimed.
«What?» Regina looked at her, astounded. «Are you out of your mind? Marry me? And then what, we'll live happily ever after?»
Emma stared at her with her mouth half-opened, uncertain about the answer.
«Well... yeeeenno, of course, because I'm insufferable to you... But you won't have to see me that often, if that's what you want. Only at meals. Or not even then, if you wish. Your choice.»
«So, help me understand: you want me to marry you, and we should never see each other?» Regina stared at her as if she was crazy. «Seriously?»
Emma closed her mouth and loudly exhaled with her nose.
«If that's what you want, yes.» She looked down. «You shouldn't even... I mean... you'd be free to do anything. You'd just gain the certainty that my parents won't attack you anymore.»
Regina sighed.
«So for you it would be fine if I'd let Maleficent come here and be with her despite the marriage?» she asked, watching her moves as she was talking.
Emma clenched her teeth, barely giving her a glance. She tormented her hand and swallowed, nervous.
«I told you, I'm asking you nothing. You'd be free to do as you wish, I don't mean to be an obstacle. I just want to help you.» she murmured.
Regina gazed at her with tenderness.
«You're completely crazy...» she smirked. «I gave the magic bean to Maleficent, so that she could go and find her daughter.» she explained. «But the fact that you'd accept that... Do you love me this much?»
Emma was left speechless for a moment. She stared at her without hiding what she was feeling. A smile appeared on her face.
«I thought it was quite clear, by now...»
Regina made a step towards her.
«But you'd be ready to be unhappy just to be with me.»
The blonde glanced down, just for a moment.
«Knowing that you're happy would be enough, for me.» she answered.
The queen walked to her and took the princess' face between her hands to kiss her. Despite the initial surprise, Emma kissed her back, holding the woman in her arms.
The brunette pushed her against the wall, still kissing her. She broke the kiss just for a moment to whisper on her mouth: «This means nothing, that is clear.»
She rubbed her body against Emma, who nodded while she was trying to lift her dress, too into it to answer to her.
The two women ripped their clothes off, their hand running fast on their bodies.
Regina pushed Emma on the floor and rode her. The blonde looked at her from below, admiring her beauty. She caressed her legs, looking in her eyes.
«I hate what they've done to you...» she whispered with a hint of voice, noticing the bruises on her skin.
The brunette sighed.
«They'd be all gone if I had my magic. Anyway, I don't want your pity.» she said moving then away from her.
Emma grabbed her hand.
«It's not pity. It's anger.» she corrected her, holding her hand, seeing only in that moment the bracelet she was wearing. She touched its surface with a finger. «I had never seen it before...»
Regina moved her arm, interrupting the contact.
«That stupid fairy.» she growled. «She took my magich with that and I can't take it off.» she said with frustration.
The princess sit and held out her hand.
«May I see it?»
The queen nodded and leaned her hand on hers.
«I don't think you can do anything.»
The blonde turned her wrist, examinating the bracelet. She slighlty lifted it to see the inner part, and the bracelet slipped off.
Regina hurriedly moved her hand frome hers. Her astonished look met the blonde's confused one.
«How did you do it? I tried for days..» she asked.
«I... don't know. I just wanted to look at it and it took off on its own...» the younger woman explained.
Regina's eyes suddenly shined.
«When you found me in the dungeons the door was locked... but you came in...» she said. «It was you.»
Emma was more and more confused. She remembered that moment, but all she wanted was to go to Regina.
«What? No, it was...»
«You have magic.» the brunette affirmed staring at her.
«No, that's not possible. I wouldn have known. Blue would have told me...» the princess murmured, ever so confused.
«Sure, you should trust that moth.» she replied with irony. «Let's try!» she wxclaimed then grabbing her hand. «Close your eyes.» she commanded then.
Despite the confusion, Emma did as she was told. She took deep breaths holding Regina's hands.
«Think about something, anything... imagine its shape, its color.» the queen whispered. Emma tried to focus, frowning. The brunette's voice was low and vibrating.
«Concentrate on every very detail and then imagine it in your hand.» the queen plowed on. Emma did. She imagined every curve of the metal, its coldness, its gleam. The diamond that stole the light only to reflect it, the dimension, the weight. That now she thought she was feeling on her palm.
Regina grinned looking at the ring that had appeared in Emma's hand.
«I was right, you have magic.»
Emma snapped open her eyes, confused by her words. She gazed at the ring, and she almost made it fall.
«How's this possible?» she asked, astounded.
Regina smiled at her.
«You have a great potential... How is it possible that you never realized that?»
«I.. don't know, I didn't even ever think about it! And none uses magica t palace, but Blue...»
«That silly fairy must have known... You have a great power. And, if you'd learn how to use it, none could stop you.»
«About that...» Emma looked down, at the black bracelet left on the floor. She took it. «... i might use this. If I have to take that wand, I need a way to avoid a spell.»
Regina stood up.
«You can't go back there, it's dangerous. You shouldn't have signed that bloody deal.» she said giving her a glance that was a mix between worry and anger.
The blonde watched her.
«It was the only way... Plus, it's not dangerous. For me.»
«It won't be dangerous to go in, but magic always comes with a price, and he will want more than he asked... trust me, I know.»
«The deal was anly about the wand...»
«With him, you never know.» the brunette replied while dressing up with magic adn healing her wounds.
Emma sighed in relief seeing her skin intact again. She looked down and saw the ring, that she almost forgot. She smirked watching it.
«Better...» the other woman smiled, satisfied. «What are you going to do?»
«Mh?» the blonde muttered looking back at her, distracted for a moment by her thoughts.
«Do you want to go and take the wand?»
«Oh. Yeah, sure.» Emma shrugged. «I don't think I have a choice.»
Regina approached her.
«I'm coming with you.»
«No! No way! You saw what happened last time!» the blonde exclaimed, leaping up.
«You made that damn deal because of me, so I'm coming with you and there's nothing you can do to stop me.»
«It wasn't your fault, but my parents'!» Emma walked to her and took her hands.
«Regina, please... I couldn't bear it if anything would happen to you...»
«I have my magic back. I can fight and I'm coming with you.» the brunette replied, avoiding the contact.
Emma stayed silent for a while.
«What would happen if I didn't honour the deal?» she asked eventually.
«Better not to know. Emma, you don't play with the Dark One. We must get him wand and hope that he won't ask for anything else.»
The girl sighed nodding.
«Alright, alright... we'll find a way. But now you must eat something and then get some rest. Guards!» she yelled a moment after, angered.
Regina sneered.
«You have learned well.» she commented. «You almost shout better than me...»
Emma laughed while watching a guard come running to them. He still wore the black armour, but his face was exposed. She immediately recognized him. The boy goggled at them, and he stepped back seeing Regina. Then he fell down on his knees hailing them with a trembling: "Your Majesty" repeated twice, very quickly.
«Stand up, Jonas. I would like to know why the surveillance in this castle leaks like a sieve, as always. We've been here since an hour at least, and none didn't even notice us?»
Jonas barely glanced at her, too scared by Regina's presence to raise his head. He started sweating copiously.
«I d-don't know... We weren't waiting for you to come back so soon...»
«Who you weren't waiting for, me or her?» Regina asked, staring at him, amused by his terror.
Emma gazed at her out of the corner of her eye, barely holding back a smile.
The guard abandoned any prudence and looked up at the brunette in confusion, gazing then at the blonde. He gasped.
«B-both.» he managed to answer eventually.
«And you're supposed to be a guard? You're scared of your own shadow...» regina approached him menaciously. «Make yourself useful and make them prepare us some food before I decide that you're completely useless.»
«Yes, Your Majesty...» the man said hurriedly, running towards the kitchen.
«Oh, and, Jonas...» Emma called him, making him stop. She held back a smile of compassion seeing him so pale. «Remember to breathe.»
The guard nodded and ran away.
Regina bursted into laughter, amused.
«I see that you've kept my kingdom in fear. I didn't think you had it in you.»
«I didn't, indeed.»
«He looked quite scared to me...» the brunette replied, taking a look around then. «You didn't change anything.» she commented with a hint of surprise in her voice.
«Of you, not me! The worst I've done was to dock his pay!» the younger woman laughed. She watched Regina, then, the smile still on her lips. «I didn't...»
Regina suddenly turned to look at her.
«I want ot go to my room.»
Emma nodded, showing her the way with the hand she was holding the ring with.
«Of course.»
They quickly walked through the hallway, to the queen's chambers. The brunette opened the door and looked inside.
«Everything looks the same even here.» she moved her gaze through the objects. «You didn't move a thing.»
«Of course I didn't.» the blonde answered. She leaned with her shoulder against the door's jamb and crossed her arms under her chest.
«Looks like you didn't sleep here...» Regina said touhing the bed, only to sit on it then.
Emma gazed down.
«I did, actually...» she confessed glancing at her. «But not always.»
Regina stared at her, surprised and curious.
«Why is that?»
«When... Some days were worse than others. When I felt really bad I came here to sleep. When I felt worse...» Emma hesitated, glancing down again.
«Come here.» the brunette whispered touching the sheets. «Tell me about it.»
Emma obeyed sitting next to her.
«I slept in the dungeons.» she said alla t once, without looking at her.
Regina took her face between her hands.
«Why?» she whispered, a slight sense of guilt to pinch her heart after so much time.
Emma lifted her gaze.
«Because that way I could pretend that you were here, in this room, instead that miles away.»
«I'm sorry...» the other woman whispered with a hint of voice. «I hurt more than I thought. I didn't think you really cared about me. I thought you'd be over it as I was gone.»
The blonde smiled sweetly caressing her face.
«It's enough to have you here now...» she said handing her the ring, shyly.
Regina gazed at the object, then stared back at Emma.
«What am I supposed to do with that?»
Emma shrugged and slightly tilted her head.
«It's not a real proposal without a ring.»
«Emma, you don't have to do this... it makes no sense...» the brunette murmured, her heart beating fast in her chest.
«To me it does.»
Regina caressed her face.
«You're a princess... a good person. I...» she sighed. «I'm the opposite.»
«First of all...» the blonde began leaning forward. «... I'm a queen, and then you're not my opposite.»
Regina hid a smirk gazing down.
«Now you're the queen? No, my dear...» she moved her face closer to Emma's. «... I am the queen.» she then whispered in her ear.
Emma shivered, and smiled. Taking advantage of the proximity, she brought her lips closer to the brunette's ear.
«You're gorgeous...» she whispered.
Regina's heartbeat sped up again.
«How do you do it?»
Emma moved aside only to look into her dark eyes.
«Do what?»
«The brunette took her hand and put it on her chest, over her heart.
«This.»
Emma felt the strong beats of her heart under her fingers. She closed her eyes at that feeling and leaned her forehead against Regina's.
«I'm doing nothing.» she whispered.
«None had manaed to do it again... Why did it have to be you?» the queen asked in an anguished murmur.
The blonde opened her eyes, distancing a little to focus her face.
«Why not?»
«Because you're the daughter of the person that I most hate in the world. Because of her, I lost my true love.»
Emma caressed her face, suddenly sad.
«I'm sorry. I can't change that. If I could give my life to change yours, since the beginning, I would...»
Regina put a finger over her lips.
«You can't change the past. But I hate you for what you're doing to me. My heart had to stay sealed.»
Emma frowned, worried and sorry. She stayed silent for a while.
«I believe that your heart did never close, Regina...»
She said her name as if it was the most beautiful word ever. She approached her and closed her eyes, feeling her only with her lips in a delicate kiss.
Regina kissed her back, for the first time with tenderness, without trying to get the upper hand over her. She leaned her hands over her face, caressing it.
Emma licked her lips. Regina detached from her to catch her breath and leaned her forehead against hers.
«Is everything alright?» the blonde asked her.
«Yes.» the queen answered avoiding her stare.
«Hey...» Emma whispered caressing her face.
Regina layed down on the bed, dragging the younger woman upon her.
The princess' heart lost a beat before the woman's stare. She gently moved a lock of dark brown hair from her face.
«I love you.» she whispered, her heart that felt like it was about to explode inside her chest.
The brunette stayed still, unable to say anything.
Emma noted her discomfort and kissed her, hiding her fear behind closed eyes. Regina kissed her back and hugged her. Her hands stroking her back, gently, without scratching ita s she was used to.
The blonde let herself go caresing her body through the clothes with a hand while with the other one she kept herself a bit lifted from her so that she wouldn't be heavy on her.
The queen slowly undressed her, without using magic, running her fingers on the skin that she was uncovering.
Emma brought her hands behind her back and unknotted the corset of Regina's dress. She then loosened the laces, but Regina's touch slowed her down, pleasingly distracting her. She had never been so gentle. Emma gazed down at her hand, watching it slide over her skin.
Regina took off her dress, making her lift her arms. She then touched her breasts, lingering on one nipple, starting to tickle it.
Emma stopped undressing her to taste her every touch. She moaned and the brunette smiled hearing her. She lifted to geto her mouth to the nipple, and she sucked it. The blonde moaned louder, her core contracted. The queen, encouraged by her moans, went on licking and sucking with greed, her hand striking Emma's back.
The blonde let out a muffled cry.
«Regina...» she panted, aroused, arching her back at the queen's hand passage.
Regina smirked and let go her breast to let her lay under her. She rode the princess and ran her hands all over her body, almost as if she was studying it.
The blonde let her do it, relaxing under her touch. She admired her body, still wrapped in her clothes.
«I missed you...» she murmured looking her in the eyes.
The brunette kissed her to shut her up. She moved a hand between her legs and forced her to spread them, then she began tickling her clit, already wet and needy.
Emma groaned between her lips and tilted her hips towards her. Her breath fastened, as her heartbeat.
Regina slid her finger over her clit, up and down. Emma's moans filled the room. Feeling her ready the brunette penetrated her with two fingers, careful not to hurt. She closed her eyes feeling her hot and quivering. She moved her fingers inside her.
«Yes! Don't stop...» Emma cried out, almost begging her.
The brunette sneered and went on moving quickly inside her. She spread her fingers and pushed deep inside her.
The blonde's cryes echoed again.
«Don't stop...» she begged again, on the edge of the orgasm.
Regina continued ever faster, enjoying her means until she watched her come. Emma clinged on to her, then flopped on the bed, short of breath, eyes wet.
The brunette slowly pulled her fingers out of her and layed next to her after kissing her.
Emma's chest was moving fast. As she caught her breath she turned toward her.
The blonde's hand started to explore her body. From her arm she went to her hip, then the thigh, where she stopped. She started to pull her skirt, uncertain, as if she was asking her permission.
«It's not the first time you touch me.» the queen replied as if she had read her mind.
The princess blushed moving closer to her.
«I know... but it's the first time you're not commanding me to do it.» she replied.
«You never rebelled... On the contrary, the first time I didn't ask for your service, you looked quite upset.»
Emma laughed.
«Upset?» she repeated «I smashed a chest and I almost got my foot broken...»
«It's not what you would expect from someone who's forced to do something like this.» the brunette commented.
«I never said I dislike it...»
«I well know you don't.» Regina laughed before kissing her.
Emma undressed her, impatient now. She gazed at her naked body. Beautiful. She touched her legs to spread then, and started moving her fingers against her, in circles.
Regina groaned against her mouth.
The blonde kissed her eagerly looking for her tongue while her fingers kept tormenting her. She increased the rythm but not the pressure, enjoying her pleasure.
«More...» Regina whispered.
Emma entered her, kissing her neck now.
«Yes!» the woman under her shouted, pushing her body against hers.
The princess' fingers moved quickly inside her, bringing her to the orgasm in a few minutes.
Regina came yelling her name for the first time.
Emma's face was painted in astonishment and happiness.
The brunette panted, her heart racing.
The two women stayed still, hugging each other, for some time, enjoying their bodies touching, naked and warm.
Regina broke the silence.
«When do you want to go to the castle?» she asked.
«I don't know. I have to understand how to make Blue wear the bracelet, first.» Emma answered.
«I'll take care of it. We can draw her out of the castle...»
«How? She can fly...» the blonde objected.
«We'll make sure that she won't fly too high.» the brunette grinned.
«How?» Emma asked again.