Thirty Third

James decided not to ask Dani about Miguel though this thought has been haunting him since Kuya Nico and he had that small talk. He will just wait for Dani to open up about Miguel, he does not want to pressure her about certain things that she will not be comfortable discussing with.  But he can’t help but wonder how Miguel has hurt Dani that makes her family worries this much.

The dinner with Esteban family was postponed to two weeks after the original plan because of some unforeseen delays in James teleserye taping.  The two were too busy and just settle on to when and how to keep in touch as possible as they can.  No breaks for the everyday deliveries flower for Dani in her office, condo and in Bulacan. 

When the family dinners pushes through after two weeks, James and Dani picked-up Tita Girlie to avoid malicious speculations in case someone sees them together.  When they arrived at Makati Shangrila, Daddy Richard, Mommy Rio and Rizza were already at the exclusive room they choose, to have their privacy. The three were already eating when they arrived.

Where are Papa and Mama?” Tita Girlie asked

“May ubo si Papa eh kaya ayaw na ni Mama na sumama sila kasi sobrang gagabihin daw sa byahe.  Maupo na kayo at kumain.” Daddy Richard replied while James and Dani shows courtesy to them.  Dani sits in between James and Rizza.

“But kabilin-bilinan ni Mama na dalawin daw sila ni Dani this coming weekend” Mommy Rio said. 

“But we promised Dani’s parents that we will have dinner with them next weekend” James protested

“No problem, eh di on Monday, it’s a holiday remember? Therefore walang work si Daniella” Mommy Rio insisted.

“But I have mall show on Monday” James frustratedly said

“It’s alright, I can bring Dani to your house on Monday.  Sya naman ang gustong kabonding ni Mama at Papa eh hindi ikaw” Tita Girlie teases James

“Mga salbahe kayo, bakit parang pinagkakaisahan nyo ako?” James asked and they all laugh at him.

Binibiro ka lang naman namin James”Mommy Rio said.

“Pero OK na rin na wala ka muna Kuya, kasi baka solohin mo si Ate Dani” Rizza said

“Asus, isa ka pang gumagatong, kumain ka na lang mabuti dyan” James said

“Ang sarap ng work sa corporate world di ba Ate Dani, we get to enjoy legal and special holidays.  Sa work ni Kuya walang holiday eh, ang saklap” Rizza said

“Yes I agree, but James was able to choose which work he wants to do. Hindi pwede sa work natin yun Rizza. We have bosses who keeps an eye on us to see if we deliver or not” Dani said

“Tama ka naman dyan ate atsaka mas malaki sweldo ni Kuya” Rizza said and they both laugh

“Yeah, kaya mas malaking tax ang binabayaran nya” Dani replied and they both giggles

“Sabi ni James, you do well in your job”Daddy Richard said

“Nakakadeliver naman po Tito on what’s expected of me and my team” Dani humbly said

Let’s not forget that she was recommended by Ramon therefore she is really good” Tita Girlie said and James was just beaming proudly.

“I heard, James investment is doing good” Daddy Richard said “Magaling ka nga talaga”

“Thank you Tito, maganda rin po kasi ang market ngayon” Dani replied

“Alam mo Kuya, bagay talaga kayo ni Ate Dani.  Bakit hindi pa kayo magpakasal?” Rizza said which made Dani so stiff.  Mommy Rio notice it “Please don’t listen to her Daniella, nagbibiro lang si Rizza.  Masyado pa kayong bata para pag usapan yan.  You can still do so many things in your life. Enjoy your youth.” she said.  James held Dani’s hand and he was not expecting that her hand would be very very cold.

“Don’t mind her, nagbibiro lang sya” James whispered which made Dani smiles a little

“So Dani, how about my wife and I visit you anytime this week in your office.  I was thinking of since James investment is doing well, probably you could suggest a product that would fit the little savings that we have” Daddy Richard said to change the topic because he also noticed Dani’s awkwardness when Rizza touches the topic about marriage.

No problem Tito, just give me a ring” Dani replied sweetly.

Daddy Richard and Mommy Rio choose to discuss about work because they saw that it relaxes Daniella.  After dinner, James, Dani and Tita Girlie decided to leave first.  As soon as they stepped out of the function room that they occupied Dani heard someone called her name. “Daniella” they heard a female voice called her from behind. When she turn to check on who called her, she saw an old acquaintance, she tried so hard to smile even she felt discomfort in seeing her “Carmela!” she said

Hi, what are you doing here Dani?” Carmela said and gave Dani a peck

“I had dinner with my client” she replied.  “OMG client mo si James Esteban?” Carmela exclaimed

Yes” she replied

Pwede bang magpapicture James?” Carmela swiftly asked James. He politely agree and Tita Girlie took a picture of them.  Carmela thank them for the opportunity.

“I’m so glad to see you again Dani. Grabe, tapos client mo pa talaga yung favorite actor ko” Carmela said.“Pasensya ka na James ha, sobrang fan mo talaga ako eh” she added

Thank you” James replied smiling

“Alam mo ba until now, naiisip ko pa rin yung struggles and challenges natin during the wedding preparations” Carmela said which made James and Tita Girlie looked at each other.

Kamusta si Miguel, have he recovered? How about you, kamusta ka na? Kamusta na kayo?” Carmela continue asking

“I’m sorry Carmela we need to go.  I’ll just go and visit you at your shop one of this days” Dani said

Oo nga pala may kasama kang client. Sorry ha, sorry James and Ms. Girlie sobrang natuwa lang talaga ako nung nakita ko si Dani, grabe may bonus pang picture with you James.  She is one of my best clients, sobrang hands on sa lahat ….. ” Carmela said.

We really need to go Carmela. I’ll just see you some other time” Dani said and pull James away from Carmela after she bids her goodbye.

James chooses not to ask about Carmela, but the desire to ask about Miguel disturbs him.  He really wants to know what Miguel have done for Dani to be uncomfortable when she hears his name.  What happen then? Who exactly is Miguel?

After they brought Tita Girlie to her house, James tries to lighten the mood on their way to Dani’s condo.  He could not forget the shift of Dani’s mood when Rizza mentioned about getting married and her awkwardness was too evident when she saw Carmela.  Until they reach her place.  Dani told James not to stay anymore.  She reasoned James early work the following day.  James did not argue anymore and leaves after they bid goodbye to each other.

In her unit, Dani could not help but shed tears upon remembering Miguel, her fiancée.  She was in that thought when she heared the doorbell, she check on the peephole and saw James outside. She immediately open the door “Why did you not use your key?” she asked.

Can we talk?” James seriously asked. Dani lets him in. “Alright what is there to talk about?” she asked.

I do not know if you want to talk about this but this has been bothering me a lot. First with Kuya Nico and earlier with your friend. Wait, were you crying?” James started.  

No, I'm not. Ano ba yung gusto mong pag usapan?” Dani nervously asked

It’s about Miguel, can we talk about him?” James asked and Dani was stunned.

************

Ready ka na bang ipakilala sya sa amin Dani???? 🤔🤔🤔🤔

Bukas naman 😉

Maraming salamat po talaga 😊