Chapter 1: The Trail

Hey guys, this is my first published fan fiction. I apologize if it's bad! Please no negative comments, however I would appreciate constructive advice and ideas. Thank you!

Rock Lee POV:

We had just finished a mission in the Land of Woods. The mission was of course successful due to the power of youth, however the journey back from it was treacherous. The land was in the dead of winter and the forest around us was nothing but frozen silence.
I was absorbed in thought about how I would train once we were in Konoha so I could finally win over Sakura, when my thoughts were interrupted by Tenten.
Tenten: "Lee look out!"
Snapping out of my trance I realized I was about to be hit by icicles and snow from a broken limb overhead. I narrowly missed them and fell out of the trees. I managed to stick the landing and escaped with only a scratch on my cheek.
Lee: "That was a close one! Thank you Tenten! How will I ever repay you!?!
I started brushing the snow off my jumpsuit, while my team jumped from the branches to the ground where I was.
Tenten: "You could start by paying attention, you could have been killed!"
Guy: "Tenten is right Lee, you should be more careful. I can't lose you, I mean we can't lose you. Right team?"
*Lee and Guy start crying* Lee: "You're right Guy sensei! A ninja should be prepared for anything."
Neji finally spoke up. "So what was distracting you Lee, it's not like you."
I wished to change the subject quickly and I looked around for something to talk about besides my undying love for Sakura. 'Oh Sakura, her beautiful voice, her strength, her forehead. I must become a better ninja for her! As the Handsome Devil of The Hidden Leaf I promise to become a stronger ninja for the one I love.'
It was then that I noticed it. A trail of bloody footprints in the snow. It sent chills up my spine. I had found a new subject.
Lee: "Um, I thought I saw something in the snow. That's why. Hey look there it is, it's a trail."
Their attention was immediately turned to it. The footprints were small and definitely human. 'Who would walk barefoot in the snow, it had to be painful.'
Neji: "What should we do Guy sensei?"
Guy: "We'll use your byakugan and follow it to make sure an ally isn't injured, but be careful it could be a trap."
Forgetting my embarrassing incident we set off on the adventure that would change the rest of my life.