Chapter 18 Goodbye... for now

1 year later
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What is love? What is life? How did I get so lucky? I'm in love and I will always will be. The word love is so meaningful because it symbolizes my undying love for the man I now call my husband. Robert John Downey Jr is my husband and you can't possibly imagine what it feels like. We started out as teacher and student and now we're man and wife. Sometimes I feel like I'm dreaming and he's not real because how could he be? Charming, handsome, funny, has a good heart, and most important he loves me! You can't imagine how happy I am to be able to be with him and kiss him everyday. We've been married for a year now and it feels just like yesterday. He's amazing and I could never believe in a million years that he would be with me. He's still asleep next to me, looking so peaceful and adorable. I run my fingers through his soft and fluffy hair. I run my hand down his face and caressing him. I trail my hand against his stubble and realize he needs to shave. I laugh softly to myself as his eyes flicker open. "Well, good morning baby," he groggily says. "Good morning to you too! I was just reminiscing on how much I love you and our wedding day." He smiles and sits up on his arms and kisses me on the forehead. "You are so beautiful and I wouldn't change anything about how we met. I'm so thankful for that day I met you in Starbucks. I don't regret anything that's happened between us whatsoever. I love you and that's never going to change no matter what. Thank you for loving me, Ava. Thank you for giving me you." A tear rolls down my face and I'm so utterly speechless because this beautiful man is mine. In the other room, I hear crying and Robert and I look at each other. "It's your turn baby because I'm comfy," I say with a smirk. He gives me a lingering kiss and hops out of bed. I hear him gently say, "It's okay buddy, daddy's here. I love you sweet boy." Did I mention we had a baby boy? Oops.
Flashback
"Robert!!! Baby!! Oh my fucking gosh!" Robert runs into the restroom frantically. "What is it babe??? Are you okay?" He has that scared look on his face like the one from the accident. "Daddy?" Robert looks at me completely puzzled with the sideways puppy glance. "I'm pregnant, Robert." His mouth looks like it drops to the floor. He runs his hand through his hair and it looks crazy. "Holy fucking cow, this is the greatest news I have ever heard in my entire life!" He picks me up and spins me around and kisses me hard. "I love you Avalon."
Flashback ends
Robert brings our baby, Rhys, in our room and sets him between us. "Hi baby, aren't you the most beautiful boy ever." Robert glares at me. "Robert, are you really jealous of Rhys?" "Yes, I am because I'm the most beautiful." He smirks and gives me a charming smile. I laugh and kiss him. I look down to see our baby and he has Robert's caramel brown eyes and his hair. He has my lips but Robert's cute nose. He's the image of Robert and I love him so much. Rhys reaches for my face and I pick him up and make funny faces at him. "Peek-a-boo!" I couldn't be happier with my life right now and I can't wait to grow old with Robert. Robert leans and kisses my forehead and he picks Rhys up. He puts him on his stomach and I scoot closer. I rest my head on his chest. I'm thankful for my life and my little family. "I love you Robert." "And I love you Mrs. Avalon Downey."

Thank you all for reading this fanfic. You have no idea how happy I am to see how many people have read this. Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart. Love you honey bunnies!!! I've been thinking of writing another one and if you're interested please comment and tell me. Once again, thank you! ❤️❤️❤️