Chapter 16 A Long Wait

3 Years later
I can't believe it's been 3 years later! I graduated from San Francisco High School at the top of my class. I'm very proud of that and Robert is too. (Yes, for all you that doubted that Robert could be together we are still together.) All those years of staying up late and stressing over grades has paid off. I wake up and see the light shining in. I roll over and look at my gorgeous man asleep. He's so hot even if people think he's old. I get up and make coffee and breakfast. Then go inside and brush my teeth and stuff. I walk over to the bed and wake my baby up. I still can't believe Robert and I have been dating for 4 years. "Baby, wake up." I say softly to him. He opens his eyes slowly and shifts the pillow to lay on it. He starts to rub his eyes and smile. "Good Morning my beautiful angel! Something smells good, is it bacon or coffee?" He asks curiously with a smirk. "It's both actually. I made coffee and breakfast while you were sleeping in." I say while I run my fingers through his hair. "You didn't need to do that. I would have done it." He says playfully. "We'll get up before it gets cold." I reply as I stand up about to walk out. "Damn, even in the morning you can be ridiculously hot. I love that ass of yours." He says as he smirks and chuckles a bit. Robert gets up and hugs me from behind. I feel something poking me and I realize what it is. "Honey, your poking me. I'm still sore from last night so no messing around right now." He blushes and I bite my lip because I know how it drives him crazy. "Sorry. Do you want me to make you more sore?" He grins playfully. "Maybe later. I want to eat I'm hungry."
We finish breakfast and get ready for the day. Today is very important because apparently Robert has something planned. He's been planning this out for weeks and today is the day. Robert quit his job as my "teacher" at San Francisco High School . He's now back as the famous A-list celebrity Robert Downey Jr. There was a media frenzy when Robert came out from being undercover but things are fine now. So when we're out in public he has to wear a hat and aviators. Is it crazy that I'm dating the sexiest man alive?
Later that day
Robert seems really nervous for some reason he isn't usually like this. He's normally confident, sassy, and sarcastic not to mention good looking. Some reason he's not himself today. "Robert, are you okay?" I ask him with a concerned look on my face. "Yeah... Yeah I'm fine! I'm just probably coming down with something." He says nervously. I look at him and I know there's something wrong but he won't tell me. I let it pass anyhow though. We were on our way to this fancy ass restaurant that only celebrities go to. Robert was wearing a maroon button down shirt with a black blazer over and black dress pants. He also wore his fancy Nike shoes and wore aviators as usual. I wore a dark maroon off- the- shoulder dress with some nude pumps. We looked pretty damn amazing! A total badass couple walking into the restaurant. We sit down and order food and drinks. Robert sits in front of me looking around very consciously about the surroundings. "This place is so damn fancy! I can't believe we got in here." I said admiring the place. Robert looks at me and then says, "Um yeah... Of course it is only the finest for my angel. After all I am Robert Downey Jr." "So are you sure you're okay? Are you sure you don't want to go home and have some rest?" I say still concerned. "No! Of course not I'm fine I'm just nervous that you wouldn't like this place." Then he stands up and walks to other side of the room and talks to the manager of the restaurant. Then he walks back and says, "The food should be right out." I nod and hold his hand.
We finish our meal and it's time for desert! "She'll have the creme brûlée." Robert said to the waiter. My favorite desert, he knows me so well. The waiter walks aways and Robert takes my hand. He look at me with his deep, bright brown eyes with those long eyelashes and says, "I still remember when we met. Starbucks is still my favorite place. You were so beautiful and I couldn't believe you were standing in front of me it was like a dream. I had this warm fuzzy feeling after we talked and then when I saw you in that classroom. My heart started pounding at 100 miles per hour. I had never experienced that feeling before. Now 4 years later, you and I are here now and I don't know what I would do without you. You are my world and if I didn't have you in my life. I would die because without you the sun wouldn't shine and the days would be dark. My life wouldn't be a life without you. I start to tear up and sniffle, "I love you, Robert." I say soft as a whisper. He smiles and says, "I love you too." Music starts playing and it's our song. Then Robert gets up out of his chair and gets on one knee. Then takes a box out of his pocket. I gasp so loud I think people in China can here me. "Avalon Veronica Brown, I have loved you since the first day I met you. I can tell you without a doubt that I want to spend the rest of my days with you. I want to have kids and grow old together. You are my soulmate and I'll love you till the day I die and after that too. So, will you do me the honor of marrying me?

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Hello honey bunnies, I'm sorry I haven't been updating lately. I can't promise that I will a lot because school is taking over my life, literally. Sadly, the story has to be over soon. I'll try my best to update more. Comment below and tell me what you think of it. Btw that dress is the one Avalon was wearing.