Chapter Fifteen

Chapter 15:

~Breeze (Julia)~

                It was weird to think that I was a mutant. After all only recently did I find out there were mutants in this world. I didn’t know how long ago that was. Time was all mixed up right now. Last I remember it was Sunday, but there was no clock in the room Helena and I were in, so I didn’t even know the hour. It could be three in the morning. I wouldn’t know, for there were no windows.

                Helena was sitting on one of the beds in the room, and I was on the other one. From the look on her face I could tell she was trying really hard not to ask me questions. I was still trying to take it all in, and she seemed to understand that.

                I excepted that Helena was my sister. It wasn’t that surprising that my parents would keep something like that from me actually. They were secretive and lairs.

                “So,” Helena said probably unable to keep quiet any longer, “what’s going on between you and Sean Cassidy?”

                I shook my head, but smiled a little. “Of all the things to ask, you ask about my relationship with Sean.”

                Helena shrugged, but also smiled a little. “What else would I ask?”

                “I don’t know…what have been up to for the last eleven years? I am kind of wondering that about you.”

                Helena frowned. “You really don’t want to know. It was all dangerous and high risk until Sean found me.”

                “Sean found you?” I asked.

                She nodded. “Yea, long story really.”

                “Well we have plenty of time,” I pointed out. “From what I can tell we will be in here for a while if not for the rest of our lives. That gives up a lot of time to catch up.”

                “Good point,” Helena sighed, “well I might as well tell you. I was with this group of mutants that I had been with for a few years. They got me out of the orphanage I was in at the time. Anyway, they weren’t the best group of people and usually did some bad things like rob banks. So –“

                “You’ve robbed a bank!?” I practically yelled.

                “Kind of, I was on the outside, not the inside because I didn’t really want to be involved ever. I more of traveled with them so that I wouldn’t have to find my own way. I was planning and saving though.”

                I was pretty sure my eyes were wide, but I nodded and waited for her to continue.

                “So,” she went one, “one of the banks we were robbing one day had Sean and Sapheron in it. One of the people in the group could tell mutants apart from humans. I forgot what exactly her power was, I didn’t really pay attention to anything back then, but somehow she saw people differently, like could see inside them. Kind of like Professor X, but at the same time nothing like that. Do you understand?”

                “No, but please continue.”

                She nodded. “So the group brought Sean and Saph along with the money. I really don’t know why, but when Sean and I looked at each other it was like we both knew that we needed to get away and that we could help each other. That was the first and last time Sean and I worked together peacefully.”