Chapter Nine

Chapter 9

I watched as Sean’s face fall. He looked a bit faint. He took a step forward and stumbled a bit, I walked towards him just in case he needed help.

                “Are you okay?” I asked.

                “Yea,” he said, but didn’t look me in the eyes. Sean shook his head to himself it seems and walked over to his bag he was packing and starting throwing cloths in it.

                “You seem to be a little on edge,” I pointed out.

                He shrugged. “Do I?” Sean still hadn’t looked at me.

                “Yes, you do.”

                “Hmm, I don’t feel on edge.”

                “Sean…” I sighed. “If you need to tell me something, you can.”

                “I know Breeze,” he said, “but I don’t have anything to tell you really other than we should probably get going soon so we can take you home.”

                I frowned. There was something he was not telling me. Maybe it had something to do with him going to see Professor X. “Okay,” I said then went over and sat on his couch. “Tell me if you need me to do anything.”

                He did not reply, but just continued to pack his bag. I just sat there and watched him as he did. Sean was normally the one you could not get to shut up. He was normally the one that made you speak if you were being quiet. He was never silent.

                When he finished he just looked down at him bag.

                “What is it?” he said.

                “I don’t understand.”

                “You keep staring at me, why?” He asked and started to play with the zipper on his bag.

                I let out a deep breath. “Ever since you came back from your talk with Professor X you have been acting weird. I know we have not known each other that long, but Sean if I know one thing about you it is that you are never completely silent and never dismiss what people say.”

                  A small smile appeared on his face. “No you haven’t known me that long yet you seem to see right through me.”

                “I don’t mean to.”

                “I know,” he said then came over and sat down next to me, he still hadn’t looked at me. “I am sorry am acting…off, but yes it does have to do with what happened with Professor X.”