changes of heart

Kylie's POV

I knew that I was going to eventually have to find my soulmate, but I expected him to be like I always dreamed my soulmate would be. Tall, handsome(of course), dependable, funny, out going, courageous, handsome, determined, handsome, and someone who didn't always agree with me. Oh yeah, did I mention handsome. Knowing that I was probably gonna be stuck with Taylon for the rest of my entire life, I got sad, and I immediately knew that I didn't like my soulmate very much.

I went to school upset and I didn't even look for any one of my friends. For some reason, I didn't want to drag them into all f this drama. I just started walking towards my 1st class.

Throughout all my classes, I couldn't concentrate at all! Taylon kept handing me notes and stuff and people were whispering and giggling and talking about how I'm Taylon's girlfriend and Taylon's my boyfriend and how they're so jealous and how I'm not cheer-leading captain and how Taylon should be dating one of them. It was just a long list of things. I had mixed emotions over all of this. I did kinda like Taylon at first, but now, I cannot stand him at all! I'm not even dating him and everybody thinks that. This whole thing is just giving me a huge headache!

I started walking towards the lunchroom right after my last class. As I was walking, Hallie, the 'it' girl, stopped me and said, "I just saw your boyfriend. He's in the lunchroom looking for you. Maybe you should go and follow him like a puppy," she said. I rolled my eyes at her. She got on my nerves so much! She was the reason I almost cursed.

But I don't curse so...whatever. Anyways, I rolled my eyes at her and said,"Wow, thanks for telling me that. I'm very thankful that a stalker like you would know exactly where people are," She looked at me like I was stupid, and I started walking in the other direction. Before I got too far away, I turned around and said, "Oh and I just saw Justin in the AV room....With Tori! You might wanna go and check that out". Her eyes widened like saucers and her so called entourage were holding back giggles, but when she turned to them, they tried to make it seem like they were on her side.

Since I had gotten the tip from Hallie that Taylon was in the lunchroom, I decided to not go to lunch again today and I just sat on the staircase at the school, waiting for time to be up. I was so caught in thought, I wasn't paying attention to anything around me. "Hey there," someone said. The sudden voice made me jump. I turned around to see that it was none other than Taylon.

In my mind, I rolled my eyes and I finally choked out," where did you come from?".

He laughed and said, "I was looking for you actually,"

"Well, you found me. What do you want?" I asked him, with a little more edge in my voice than I wanted.

"I just wanted to talk to you, that's all." he replied.

"What about?" I asked him.

"Us," he said simply.

i was surprised that he even wanted to talk about it. I mean, there really wasn't anything to talk about, but whatever. "What about us?" I asked him.

"Our situation I guess. I mean, I guess this means we're stuck with each other for the rest of our lives,"he said. 'not if I can help it' I thought in my mind.

"I guess so, but I don't know if I'm ready to commit to a relationship right now," I said.

He said nothing to that, but instead he said, "You remember when you apologized to me after school right?"

I nodded.

"Well, I didn't answer you because of the way I felt about you. But now, I guess I can understand why you don't want to go out with me," he said.

"Why do you think I don't want to go out with you?" I asked him, unsure of why I was suddenly interested.

he thought about this for a while, and then he sighed and finally said, "because you probably deserve better."

I hadn't really expected this. I didn't expect him to spew the whole 'I-don't-deserve-you' crap. I don't know what in the world he's talking about, saying, and I quote, 'because you probably deserve better'. I didn't know what to do. I just sat there mutely.

Then, without thinking, I said, "What's wrong with you?"

He seemed puzzled by this and he just said, "Nothing. I just think that you should have a choice of who you want to be tied to for the rest of your life. I'm pretty sure that you wouldn't have picked me as your soulmate,"

"Well, I don't have a choice and whatever messed up logic put us together, I'm sure it had a good reason for it," I said, sort of bitterly.

"I guess so, but I still don't think that I don't deserve you," he said.

"Wow," was all I said.

He smirked and said, "Wow what?"

"I just don't believe you're saying this right now. I mean you seemed like the type of guy who was a self-consumed jerk," I said.

He scoffed and said, "I guess my devilishly handsome looks can be deceiving."

We both laughed at this and then I just stopped.

"What's wrong?" Taylon asked me.

"Nothing....Everything....I just....," I let my sentence trail off, Not knowing how to finish it. The whole world was spinning around and nothing seemed right anymore. I didn't know what this world was coming to. My head was spinning, I had a massive headache and things were getting confusing. I couldn't even think straight.

That's when everything went black.