Chapter 1

Caroline's POV 

I woke up at exactly 9:30. Why did I even bother to set an alarm, it's not like I had anything to do.  I went downstairs to grab some breakfast and I already tried to choose a tv show that I would binge watch. I went to the couch and I got in a comfortable position so that I could at least spend the rest of the day like that. That's kinda how every day went for the past few weeks. All of the sudden I felt my phone vibrating. when I saw that it was Elena, I immediately picked up. Although I was sad and I wanted to be alone, I still missed my best friend. 

E: Hey Care, how are you?

C: Fine, is something wrong?

E: No, I just miss you. I was wondering..

C: ..I miss you too, Elena.

E: Well I was wondering if we could meet up, I have to tell you something.

C: Um okay, my place? In an hour?

E: Yes perfect, see you then care. Bye.

C: Bye Elena.

I felt so happy! My best friend was coming in an hour. I have been avoiding her.. well I have been avoiding everybody because I just wanted to be alone for a while, but I think I'm ready. I showered, put some nice clothes on and some makeup. For one in a long time I felt good again. I felt like I could maybe go through this.

Knock Knock

"I'm coming" 

Elena's POV

I was on my way to Caroline's house and I was very nervous and curious to see how my best friend was doing after her loss.. well everybody's loss.. I got tears in my eyes thinking about it. I was scared to tell her the news because I didn't know how she would react. I arrived at Caroline's house, I walked slowly up the doorsteps and I knocked on the door.

"I'm coming" Caroline said, I smiled at hearing her voice. She opened the door and we just stood there smiling at each other before I pulled her in for a big hug. 

"Come in Elena" she said with a weak smile. 

" Care how are you" I asked really wanting to know the answer. 

"I..I'm fine" 

"Care it's okay to not be fine, you don't have to act strong around me.. you can tell me anything" 

"I know" Caroline said while she started to cry. "I just.. I just feel so alone.. my mom is.. gone.. well stefan.. gone and soon all of you will be gone as well.. " She said while crying. 

"You will never be alone Care" I said while hugging her. 

"What about you?" I started getting tears in my eyes and that was enough for Caroline to know my answer. She hugged me. 

Caroline's POV

After a long time of just sitting on the couch with Elena I said "What did you want to tell me?" just to break the silence. "Yeah so Damon and I are thinking about going away for a while, since we are human and we don't have eternity." Elena said. So many thoughts were going through my mind, I just didn't know what to say. "Caroline?" Elena said. I put up a fake smile and said "Yeah.. you should do that, I mean.. I get it, you are human and I want you to live your life to the fullest." "You can come with us if you want to." She said.

"No, I want you two to be happy together, you deserve this Elena." "When are you leaving?" "Tomorrow..." 

"Ow that's very soon..." 

"Care.."

 "No Elena really it's fine, you should go. But would you like to sleepover, I don't want to say goodbye just yet." 

"I would love to."