Chapter 84~ Confronting its Fear

Start from the beginning

"Oh Ei," Rin said taking the younger woman into a tight hug. "I am fine, I don't seem like that, but I too have great friends, they can help me." She smiled reassuringly.

Strangely, she thought of Obito, used to be someone she could rely on, now, their relationship was entirely different, he was not a man who would give up on his precious plan to be a fugitive with her.

And obviously there was Akito, only the thought of him made Rin able to keep going through any hardship, after all what he had gone through for her, she had thought it to be a betrayal if she gave up.

Of course he was someone she could rely on, but she was selfish enough as it was with him. She wanted to be someone he can rely on instead.

As if she could be of any help to anyone.

'Aki-chan, what are you doing right now?'

::

She knew that it was gonna happen eventually, but Rin was a bit shaken by reality and now she was feeling down, when she think that this mission was coming closely to an end and outside wait for her those monsters.

Rin would rather dig a cave close to the area. Ancient says before you chose your house, chose your neighbors, she believed that strong neighbors were of good choice.

But, that won't protect her from her. She thought looking at her younger version's shadow standing in the distance.

Rin forced herself to look away, her head had been throbbing for days and however she was ignoring her, that girl kept reappearing.

That nightmare of her was the worst, as a doctor herself, often, she read books of how to get rid of hallucinations, but...

Of course she never spoke about her to anyone, not even Akito, that was as accepting that she became mental or crazy.

Her migraine worsening, she clutched her head

She sighed, feeling that she missed Akito a great deal, he was so supportive, even if sometimes he scolded her, his advices were the best.

She was thinking of a way to send a letter to Akito to know how he was doing when she heard the echoes of Obito's voice.

Not really thinking about it, she let her feet lead her to where she heard his voice in a room, she peeked inside and he was there standing.

He seemed strangely far and the fact that this mission was coming to an end sent a pinch to her heart.

Why was he so far and distant, she glanced at those broad strong shoulders, at his arms, then his gloved hands.

Those gloves suited him but she never thought he would be the type to wear a ring, then looking at his hand reminded her of a memory long ago.

In academy days, where all students were surrounded by family for their success in the exam, obviously, Rin was one of them, but as though something was lacking, she automatically looked for Obito with her eyes.

And she did find him, leaving the academy, alone, that back of his, the strong shoulder that carried much more than what a child should have to, and yet, such gentle hands.

In all the years she knew him and God knew how close they were, she never heard him complaining about this unbearable loneliness. Never.

But Rin had come to know it when she left the Hidden Leaf, and even as an adult it was unbearable.

To think that Obito had known little more than loneliness his entire life shattered her heart.

Back then, as the little her watched him leaving alone, even if she didn't grasp the weight of his pain, her heart ached and she promised herself that never again will she let him feel this lonely.